Question from Tartosuc regarding the shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is a closeup photo of the shifter setup, I could not post this on the other page as it is locked now.
First the bike again, then the shifter.

Rat Royale
REC elsewhere

super nice setup!

thanks for the pics! it gives me ideas!

Thats...

an older Nexus flip trigger with a modified unit to handle the forward and backward shifting. IT acts just like a ratchet. Forward a click, up a gear and it returns to position, forward again and it goes up a gear and returns to position etc. Go backward and it goes down a gear and returns to position etc. You get the idea. These are THE BEST Nexus shifters to modify. I used this shifter on my Flying Falcon. I built a whole new shift stick out of bar aluminum. It looks like this guy just took the plastic paddle off the shifter and replaced it with rod and linkage. VERY COOL setup i might add.

Joe

Re: Thats...

yeshoney said:
an older Nexus flip trigger with a modified unit to handle the forward and backward shifting. IT acts just like a ratchet. Forward a click, up a gear and it returns to position, forward again and it goes up a gear and returns to position etc. Go backward and it goes down a gear and returns to position etc. You get the idea. These are THE BEST Nexus shifters to modify. I used this shifter on my Flying Falcon. I built a whole new shift stick out of bar aluminum. It looks like this guy just took the plastic paddle off the shifter and replaced it with rod and linkage. VERY COOL setup i might add.

Joe

GIVE THAT MAN A CEEEGAR!
Yes, you got it. (and thanks for the compliment!)
I thought about this one for a long time, as I wanted a "no trouble, anybody can work it" setup, and this has proven to be just that. Took some figurin' to get the return spring just right, but hey.... whats' a few old spokes between friends?
I'm back to lurkin'

Rat Royale
REC eslewhere

That is one of the Most Brilliant Shifter set up's I've seen in a Long Time .

Great Fab work and a beautiful finish to a Lincage set up
.....that has so many Points that could Fail if designed wrong...
but I see you got it Nailed Bang on!

nice work,
Kev.

great shifter and cool bike...i just love the felt choppers, but this is, with it´s paint and shifter, the coolest on i´ve ever seen!!!!

Back