Rafter ornament Simplex (now with pic)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we took the family out to my dads place to meet up with one of my sisters I had talked to but hadn't got to see in person yet. To make a long story short my wife needed something out of our van and surprise the keys was locked inside so off we went to find a coat hanger to get it unlocked and while looking through one of his out buildings I looked up and here is a 50s Simplex frame with tank and rims hanging from the rafters. I was shocked to see it there (never seen one in person) and even asked him if that was what it was. He said yep, I've had that up there for a while. Didn't have my phone on me to get a pic but going to ask if I can get one the next time I'm out there.

I'm confused, is this your father's Simplex that you didn't know about and are having to ask to take pictures of?
I would have to be saying "Let's build this thing!" instead of "Can I take pictures?"!!!
We just got back together after 37 years, and we just started a bonding project, a 68 ironhead sportster

You kno what "SCHWINNRAY"
Says "no pic.s ,probably did'nt
Happen"

~Rafael~

Rivetingtalenonethelessoldchap_4c44fe2051e95e70ba5351a7d1364900_zps4d16370a.jpg

:grin:

Great find, that would be a fun project.

Simplex actually made these for more than a few other companies. So if you look at the Laray it has the same frame as the simplex.

Yep, you're right, Spiegel Airman. But I really question the fact that Simplex made frames for any company other than Simplex.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back