Rain City Redline Chopper frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local guy was clearing out his hoarder dad's property, and I found this. Still had the cardboard and bubble wrap on the top and downtubes. Belt drive works great and no apparent dry rot. No tank, seat, or front end, but LG said he'd keep an eye out for them as he thins the piles out.

Now to start the parts hunt.

1 - Y2lNDgm.jpg
2 - ZXJI2jk.jpg

3 - PvkY0nX.jpg
4 - AU9POHs.jpg
5 - CrkgxMI.jpg

Here's what it SHOULD look like:

6 - 2uL601E.jpg

Super cool score. I never realized those were belt drive.

I'm in pain over the tank not being with it. >_< The saddle and front end bits are all close enough to conventional, but subbing or scrounging that teardrop tank is going to be the death of me, I just know it.
Understandable. Probably a holy grail item

On the upside it wouldn't be hard to replicate using some form of bicycle tank halves or starting with a little peanut or mustang chopper tank. Cut, stretch, narrow

@OddJob just did a belt conversion for his beauty of a bike. I kinda recall a source mentioned for industrial or automotive belts that would work, available in multiple sizes. Might be cheaper than the original bike belt

The belt is still there. Included a close up shot of it, along with it being visible in the first pic.

I sent what I found not only for the possibility of other parts but also in case you want a spare belt man. They may be available by conversion but it would be hard to conceive them being any cheaper with the length being twice what a normal bike uses.
You never know.
Could you modify a West Coast Choppers tank?

I sent what I found not only for the possibility of other parts but also in case you want a spare belt man. They may be available by conversion but it would be hard to conceive them being any cheaper with the length being twice what a normal bike uses.
You never know.
Could you modify a West Coast Choppers tank?
I do have a WCC chopper, tank already removed. I'll see how the fitment compares in terms of top tube diameter. 🤘

Latest posts

Back