Raising a ratrod rookie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to be here, All. The custom hourney began about two weeks ago when my youngest took the training wheels off and can think of nothing now other than redesigning the paint job on his bike and his helmet. We have burned through one design (with him doing a lot of work) and now he wants them to have a Corvette look! We are working on what that means... and how silver and flames will fit in.

The very next day, I rescued a Schwinn StingRay from the back of a guy's truck :shock: while in line at our local landfill/dump. It sat outside and was rusty!!! Oh the tragedy :roll: His lazy axxed son was throwing it away and he was letting him.

Brought it home and my oldest (13) can't stop polishing it and is in full swing from his 24" Trek mtn bike to how to customize his new ride. We just first need to find a new saddle, for it fared poorly in the elements, so I guess we are looking for a site for that.

Now we are looking for a way to make the pink Mongoose of my daughter's (Chris has Mosaic Down syndrome) into a trike. Anyone have an axle out there that'll bolt onto a 20" frame?

welcome to the RRB. glad to see you were at the right place at the right time!

Back