Raleigh Easy Ridin'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this today cheap... Pretty scratched up, but it rode great and will fit my immediate need for a bike to use with a front mounted child carrier... It's got some cool parts I can use when I am finished with it for the toddller...

2477289682_3610cc0e64_b.jpg

2476473369_f7f19ea169_b.jpg

2476482177_76b7be8f23_b.jpg

2477292064_2f9c50b8fd_b.jpg

You did great on the handlebars, neck, front wheel, forks and brake calipers.

All of that stuff would be perfect for a 26" BMX cruiser/clunker project.

That's the kind of deal I need to find! :mrgreen:

Hooch said:
lol you vultures! its far from dead and you are circling overhead!

Ha Ha...yeah, he doesn't even realize that it's already disassembled and boxed up out in
his garage so he can take the stuff to the post office tomorrow. :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:
You did great on the handlebars, neck, front wheel, forks and brake calipers.

All of that stuff would be perfect for a 26" BMX cruiser/clunker project.

That's the kind of deal I need to find! :mrgreen:

Yup, I figured this was as close to a 26" BMX I was going to get for a while with out droppiong over 2 or 3 hundred dollars...

I saw that the front wheel was different than the back, I wonder which is original... I am going to check with the guy I bought it from to see if he has another wheel like the one in front...

Rat Rod said:
Hooch said:

Ha Ha...yeah, he doesn't even realize that it's already disassembled and boxed up out in
his garage so he can take the stuff to the post office tomorrow. :lol: :lol:

I hope none of you guys are Doctors by trade, I'd hate to think there may be someone out there with the potential to harvest organs from someone who isn't quite dead yet... :lol:

I found a really clean example of that cruiser a while back, I harvested the bars for a bmx cruiser and sold the rest on craigslist. Mine had mis-matched rims also, a steel front and a sweet Sumo rear which I should have kept, but didn't. It looks like yours has the opposite wheel set, weird. Check if you have the cool fluted steel seatpost, it's pretty unusual... Here's a post-cleaning pic:

raleigh03.jpg

Bunbury said:
I found a really clean example of that cruiser a while back, I harvested the bars for a bmx cruiser and sold the rest on craigslist. Mine had mis-matched rims also, a steel front and a sweet Sumo rear which I should have kept, but didn't. It looks like yours has the opposite wheel set, weird. Check if you have the cool fluted steel seatpost, it's pretty unusual... Here's a post-cleaning pic:

raleigh03.jpg

Sweet! I wish I found one this clean, but it was the only bike I could find that was close to what I needed, cheap, and not a retail throw back... The guy had it as Vintage, just how old is the bike?

I rode it last night some and one thing I am going to change right away is the seat :shock:

I have a similar style bike, except it's a Schwinn. Parting it and using everything but the frame and crankset. If anyone wants it it can be had for the price of shipping, or if your local just come by and get it.

P1010523.jpg

P1010524.jpg

Hmm...that's a cool bike...nice components!

Looks like a smaller framed bike...I'm guessing a 21" frame?

Would like to see a close up shot of the cranks and chain ring. :D

Hehehe, that was too funny. This isn't the classifieds!!!!

Seeing the name on the pedals reminded me, has anyone made bike pedals from those barefoot gas pedals that everybody had in their shag-carpeted party van back in the 70's?????

And I'd keep in contact of the guy who sold you the bike, he's probably got plenty of parts for sale.

Back