TRADITIONAL Raleigh-Up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night Rider
IMG_5403.jpeg
IMG_5399.jpeg

Looks tight! Love the night ride photos.
May I suggest that you go without the bottle cage under the top tube for the 'final photo' shoot? It doesn't seem to fit with the otherwise cohesive vibe you have going on this build.

Thanks. I agree about the bottle cage. It will be removed.

Replacing the indicator spindle made all the difference! The shifting was really bad with the wrong size. It felt like a jalopy.

It now feels sporty! These English 3 speeds are an absolute joy to ride when properly tuned up.

Headed out of town for a week. I won’t have a chance to take final photos until the last minute.

Also, thank you all for the braking advice. I used two adjustable wrenches to get the proper toe in. (Thanks OddJob). The braking is now decent. Still using the original John Bull brake blocks.

Glad to hear it! It's a great feeling when art and science meet to provide us with that kind of joy. Looks good, feels good, runs good!

IMG_5425.jpeg
IMG_5424.jpeg
IMG_5429.jpeg

I have been struggling to get good pictures of this bike. I had the nice DSLR camera out today but couldn’t find a good background for the black frame.

On my way home I snapped these with my iPhone in front of this yellow garage. I think the yellow is a nice background. I still want the I get better pics.

Latest posts

Back