random bike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8ball.jpg

I dig that license plate box... I wish I had access to a sheet medal bender I'd have one of those made by the end of the day.

Yep, that Starsparker's rat bike the "Starchief", sayes so in the script ( off an old Pontiac) on the chain guard.
Those are 1957 Chevy hood ornaments attached to plastic cups, loaded up with 8 red LEDs inside each cup, turned into taillights hung on the "Tag-A-Long" ( thats our name for the license plate boxes we build and sell, I carry a bigger one as my lunch box to my day job ) where the batteries and on/off switch are located, besides the girl has to have a place to put her stuff when we ride.
The seat is from an exercise bike mounted on one of my bent seatposts.
The apes are from a trashed Schwinn Fastback with glass door knobs screwed into the ends for hand grips, the headlight is a bike light I changed over to LEDs. And it know even has an old bell and an old car dash mount compass mounted on the bars.
The front fender has a shortened 1953 Ford airplane style hood ornament on it, and both fenders have mud flaps made of 1957 Kansas license plate.
And of course it has the star sprocket.
This is all mounted to a rusty, I mean "patina" 1961 Schwinn girl frame and fenders.
When Locojoe said we built it "we built it". I had the rusty bike, and we took it apart, she cleaned all of the bearing and helped in the reassemble of the bike. It was her idea to leave the rust, I mean patina. She picked out the plates I used to make the box, and the mud flaps. The parts we used were her ideas, and parts she had accumulated, the "Starchief" script, the 1957 hood ornaments, the star sprocket, the glass door knobs, the compass, even the wheels/tires came off one of her other bikes.
I made a headbadge from copper that names the bike, "Starspark".
It when together very nicely and she now has an idea how a rat bike goes together, and she loves it.
Oh, to bend short pieces of sheet metal I use a vise that I put on 12" jaws and a rubber mallet. It works until I break down and buy a real brake.
The "Starchief"
star1.jpg

Dangerous Dan

That graveyard is about 10 miles or so south of the town of Payson ,AZ. Which is about 120 miles n. of Phoenix.Acres and acres of bicycles and motorcycles laying out in the elements. The owner an old hippie who doesnt really seem to be intrested in selling anything.He has everything and knows exactly where to find it in the piles. Parts from him are very expensive. I have never heard of anyone who had a good experience w/ him. That was until the other day and I was talking to Slick Rick and he told me the old coot was internet savvy and was selling parts overseas. Maybe if Rick sees this post he can add a little more info. 8)

RANDY, POST SOME PIC'S OF YOUR JOHN DEERE BIKE WITH THE PULL BEHIND MOWER!! Thats my fav mower bike Cool post.

ive stared at that bike a ton and just now saw the rear "slow moving vehicle" reflector on the rear. like the tire choices too. always been an awesome bike

bad news said:
Fair Lane said:
I dig that license plate box... I wish I had access to a sheet medal bender I'd have one of those made by the end of the day.

you can always use the edge of a hard table :wink: no get to work :lol:

Looks like I need to find my riveter tonight. Well and a handful of license plates.

that car, does anybody know if you can pedal it or what?

Outlaw :mrgreen:

OUTLAW said:
that car, does anybody know if you can pedal it or what?

Outlaw :mrgreen:

It s a highly stylized "soapbox derby" styled car. grsvity power.
i believe it ws built by someone from boyd's shop...

Back