Rat Bike News Featured Builder/Member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an idea that needs everyone's input for selection. I need a nomination for a featured builder/member in the first issue. The article would be an overview of the builders bikes and everything else related. Nominate away!

Thanks

Gerry :)

MonsterMetal comes to mind immediately, I know there are others worthy, but Larry seems to get it done effortlessly

Sensor or Yeshoney. Both builders of QUALITY Rats. West coast, east coast. Sensor has great fabrication skills. Joe, has the EYE for what fits and goes together right. Two different styles, same results. GREAT bikes!

Rat Rod or Monstermetal

2815381313_ec7bcccd31.jpg

It's a great idea and just for fun, but there are way too many builders that deserve credit, some have access to every tool imaginable and are awesome metalworkers, some have just the basics are build killer bikes with what they have. I don't know, seems like it would become a popularity contest like all of the car/motorcycle magazines.

i will add a nomination for the uncle stretch and joey mac.

Hmmm... JoeyMac, MonsterMetal, Uncle Stretch, YesHoney, Sensor, RatRod HImself, Karfer, NecessaryEvil, EJ599(I think) fsjaak, I dunno. Too many amazing builders to choose from...
Those are my nominations... I guess if each issue had a different featured member, that would work... My only problem is since it's a quarterly mag, not only would it take forever to get through all the amazing builders here, but I know if I had to open up my favorite magazine everyday for 3 months(til the new one came out), I would get tired of seeing my ugly mug in there, for 3 months. Guess it's a good thing I'm not one of the people being nominated, huh? :wink:

What if instead of showcasing a certain builder, you showcased a certain style of ratbike ( balloon tire, middleweight, burrito, musclebike, freak bike, etc...) for every issue. You could have a ton of different bikes pictured with the builder's names under them. Heck, the first issue could be about the space theme bikes since the buildoff is going on. Just a thought.

I kinda like that Idea too. Cuz not everybody builds the same style of bikes, or has the same box of tools available to them to build with... Hey Gerry I'm sure you're all over it, but if you need any help editing, let me know... I used to work on my high school and college newspapers... I did layout, ad design, and grammar editing... It's been a while, but would love to help.

See? There you go. Someone's bound to be forgotten... Chopper Ollie's built some amazing stuff. Plus there are a few other Euro builders who do amazing work with what they got over there... I've seen some awesome German and Norwegian stretchbikes on this site...

Does someone know how to do this kind of mosaic? It could make a good first cover.

theamericasbig.jpg

necessaryevil said:
What if instead of showcasing a certain builder, you showcased a certain style of ratbike ( balloon tire, middleweight, burrito, musclebike, freak bike, etc...) for every issue. You could have a ton of different bikes pictured with the builder's names under them. Heck, the first issue could be about the space theme bikes since the buildoff is going on. Just a thought.
That's a great idea! We might have to do a lottery still since there are so many great bikes on the site. Man, what have I done? :mrgreen:

Back