Rat from Kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey, from Kansas. I'm a huge fan of the traditional styles of Ed Roth, Kenny Howard, etc. and into traditional hotrods, choppers and bikes, as a hobby/side job I've restored or built several VW's, rods, and motorcycles over the years. I've always admired old bikes and have had a 69 Stingray for several years I will take to carshows etc. with me. (It looks especially good strapped into the back of my 69 VW single cab pickup). Thanks to a career change 3 months ago I have found myself with a lot of extra time and have been spending it redoing a few bikes. My first was a quicky simply called the Rat Fink bike. The next one I just finished is a 1957 Schwinn Hornet with a little hot rod flare. I'm currently working on a 57 Corvette, that will be done like a giant Stingray.

Marty o~\o

HotRodHornet4-1.jpg

HotRodHornet3.jpg

HotRodHornet2.jpg

RatFinkBike1.jpg

RatFinkBike2.jpg

Welcome!

Hey welcome, another midwest guy. Kansas city Moe here. spring hill huh!! theres a couple good bars off 35 down there.... :wink: weve got quite a few classic riders here in intown. we have a bicycle club called the spokesmen and this sunday were getting together for a meeting/event. were going to a slotcar track to do some racing if interested get intouch!!!

welcome again, jon

Thanks all for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while and knew I'd feel at home, I'm just usually spending more time in the shop building, chopping, or painting somethig than I do on the computer, but with the weather latly I haven't been able to sand blast or paint my latest project so I thought I'd sign on. Glad I did.

Jon, I know the bars your talking about...just live a few miles from there. :D

welcome to the madness!!! im in kansas city MO! what kind of tires are runnin on that hornet!! those are so cool!

Easy E

Elvis51, The tires are:
Name: ......
Type: Tire Size: 26 x 2.125'' - Color: Black tread w/white sidewall -
Description: Nirve® ''......'' 26 x 2.125 tire with Nirve's exclusive ''Devil-Tail Flames'' design. White side-wall with black tread.

Welcome to all the fun, metal bender! I want to do a 26'' Sting Ray also...I'm working on a 24'' Sting now, enjoy your build! Really nice Hornet and Finkster.

dude they have freakin hello kitty tires too! thats ridiculous. thanks for the info marty!

Easy E

Latest posts

Back