Rat King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this frame a few months back (love at first sight) hoping to piece it back together someday. I realized shortly thereafter that it was going to cost me an arm an a leg to do so. It breaks my heart to just seeing it sit there so I decided to put it together with whatever parts I have lying around. This is my first build off so I won't do anything drastic to the frame (don't want to ruin it). I would love to ride this thing though and its not doing any good lying around so I have to decided to rat it together till I can find the correct parts (and cash) to build it right. If anyone has any hints of what not to do than feel free to comment. Like, can I take the forks off and put on a different set without ruining the fork lock mechanism?

newstuff002.jpg

WOW! Cool frame! This is gonna be great.

Awesome frame! I'd throw some bars, stem, pedals & a seat & call it done! 8)

It needs something to make it stand out, since the frame is so "blah".

Giant apes and banana seat with a 6 foot sissy bar!!!!!

I was hoping to take the fork off so I could put on a springer or chopper fork. I was afraid I might ruin the locking fork mechanism though so I am hesitant to do so. The lock seems to be internal.

Easy go to the nearest truckstop get jewelers polish an a edge cut wheel grab the grinder an buff I do my tanks an wheels on my semi they look better than chrome when I'm done

I want to see more photos of that frame, and now I'm imagining it with a mirror polish on the aluminum. OK, I gotta stop imagining, I'm getting a little excited.

That aluminum frame gives me wood...justsayin.com

soulshine73 said:
Anybody know how to polish these old aluminum frames?

You're off to a great start...if you do decide to complete it, just know parts are a little pricey and are tough to find, but they do pop up from time to time. Here's a photo of my Monark M137 (often called the "Wingbar"). Silver Kings are stunning when they're polished! When I bought this one it was similar to yours, I polished it in a day. There some great "How to" directions on polishing aluminum on YouTube. Best Of Luck!
c4f57a61.jpg

Latest posts

Back