Rat Klunker (FINISHED! With 2 hours to spare!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll just put this here... will be coming up with a build plan soon. Stay tuned!

484405_4171870850979_534185713_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Flat Junker => Rat Klunker

This is going to be my gravel/dirt/mud bike, so I don't have to get my Long Haul Trucker all nasty riding trails around here. I'm curious as to what it will weigh once it's done, should be cool!

All my buds with expensive MTB's will be jealous... :) maybe an old-school springer fork, with canti studs? I've seen them around...

what is the tube that runs side to side behind the seat tube and forward of the rear brakes?

Looks like a great start, check out my build for some inspiration, since we both are building trail riders.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56868&start=30

Funkman, Glad to see you join us!!
Good luck!

bpellham said:
what is the tube that runs side to side behind the seat tube and forward of the rear brakes?

I have one of the Beach Point bikes. The tube is where the rear rack mounts. Be interesting to see where you take this, I have been looking at mine and thinking how to get the most out of it.

Good luck, Rg

Just had a stroke of inspiration, from the Custom Shifter thread... I have an old Shimano 7-speed thumb trigger shifter. It's begging for a custom shifter conversion! Still haven't decided what I'm going to do about paint, but... will try to post pics once I get a break in the rain.

Looky forward to seeing you build your Funky Stickshift, Man!!

Probably will run it 1x7 since I have the shifter, chain, and cassette for it... still will get plenty of gear range, it's a MTB, after all, and I don't live in the mountains.

Need to get a chainring that fits the spare 104mm 4-bolt crank I have, and get the 3-piece BB adapter. Still thinking about the stem/bars and such, not sure if I want to use the BMX setup I have on there, or go with mini apehangers. Still need to find pedals and a few other bits and pieces, but I'm starting to get some good ideas!

The bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Flat black is always cool.
Better get those parts ordered so you have time to play with them.

Gee....let's see......exposed aluminum.....a can of aluminum polish.....hmmmm 8) 8)

Okay, didn't get much done on the bike tonight, but I did order the bottom bracket adapter and Shimano sealed UN26 unit. If they come in before next weekend, I can start mocking the bike up while I'm finishing paint... i.e. it will be ridable soon! :mrgreen:

Still not sure I can pull off the suicide 7-speed trigger shifter, but I might... need to think about how to lay it out. If I have any brainstorms, I will post them up here!

41qbkzdKBoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

31tdEQrYWRL._AA300_.jpg

Cool, always interested in seeing shifter ideas. Sometimes it helps to get feedback from others. It helps me get the brain working.

Latest posts

Back