Rat Rack (Bike rack at home)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I decided to start the build of my bike rack. Someone give me an old swing set so I decided to put it to good use.

First the materials.
P1020591.jpg

Next some of my cuts and welds. Make sure you chuckle at my crappy welds. The pipe was rather rusty and thin so I did blow through a couple of times.
P1020593.jpg

P1020592.jpg

A few pics with some bikes in what is finished. I have to get back at it so I can finish.
P1020601.jpg

P1020600.jpg

Have a great 4th

I've kept my eyes open for a factory made bike rack for a long time. I found one at the old Blaw-Knox plant the closed. It was perfect...held 5 bikes, galvanized steel in perfect shape. I never could find anyone who could authorize selling it as there was just a lonely security guard there who was clueless. I was tempted to just snatch it, but the headlines might not have been too good... "55yr old man arrested for stealing bike rack." :shock: Still looking...Gary

B607 said:
I've kept my eyes open for a factory made bike rack for a long time. I found one at the old Blaw-Knox plant the closed. It was perfect...held 5 bikes, galvanized steel in perfect shape. I never could find anyone who could authorize selling it as there was just a lonely security guard there who was clueless. I was tempted to just snatch it, but the headlines might not have been too good... "55yr old man arrested for stealing bike rack." :shock: Still looking...Gary

Gary, Tell 'em to call me when you need to get bailed!

Some very cool designs would definately get more put up if they looked as neat as those, and less arguements about the ugly steel racks.

Latest posts

Back