Rat Riders Spring Ride PICTURES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
We're thinking about the warm weather already. It looks like our ride will be Saturday April 25th. We will have trophies for the different contest, selling t-shirts, food and giving away a bicycle. All proceeds will go to charity. It will be held at Fernbank Park 6601 River Rd. Cincinnati Ohio 45233 at 11 a.m. We'll be posting more info & also a flyer about the ride soon.
flyer.jpg

Re: Rat Riders Spring Ride

Just thinking about it, we should do something simple, and classic but still unique compared to today's modern bikes. I'm thinking something with the classic red rims and whitewall tire combo and a flat black paint job. If we can use that straight bar frame you mentioned, a flat board filler tank might be cool. And of course we'll have to give it a name.
We'll need to make it solid too, since we will be raffling it off. I would hate for somebody to ride off into the sunset and have the front wheel come off... :shock:

Your right Greg. As much as I hate the traditional flat black/red rim/whitewall tire combo it's a good all around bike to raffle off. The winner may enjoy it as is or they can always paint the frame to their own liking. The bike should be a simple design that someone of any age can ride. I think between everyone in the club we have every part we need, minus a frame right now. I think a schwinn or other mass produced cantilever would be ideal, we could even find a real tank for it super cheap.

if all the proceeds are going to charity don't you think people would spend more money on tickets if we were raffling off a really neat bike instead of one they could put together for 50 bucks themselves. I just think it needs to be more dramatic than basic.

We can go basic or dramatic, doesn't matter to me. I think the most important thing is that the bike is quality ( all parts sandblasted first, nice paint, nice wheels/tires) not just a pieced together and bombcan painted turd. I would say turn to the local shops for donated parts or labor. A nice bike will bring nice money.

I agree. A nice solid bike with some flair to it. We need to add a few features to make it really unique. Any suggestions?

How about that nice little roadmaster rusty just picked up?? :D

I just saw you flyer. That looks Great! But is that the British version of the X53, because your sprocket is on the wrong side? :wink:

Shirt and flyer look good. I think that was the only picture he has of the X53 and he had to flip the image to look good in the flyer. I bet we could photoshop the crank to look correct.

I was bored and made a second flyer. I figured we could use this one to post around town as well.
b-wbikeride.jpg

Back