Rat Roadie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an old Murray ladies single speed coaster brake comfort bike a while ago and I planned to clean it up a bit and sell it.

I took a good look at it the other day and found that the frame was pretty rusty in quite a few places so it was going to take a bunch more work than I wanted to put into it to get it looking good enough to sell.

I had a left over frame from a Murray mountain bike so I stripped that down and threw together a rat roadie today.

I ended up with the mountain bike frame, the 26" x 1 3/8" wheels from the single speed coaster brake bike, a spare mountain bike seat, some old cruiser bars, a new chain, and it was rolling. The frame has a bunch of chips and nicks in the paint - but hey, it's a rat.

I still need to get some new tires for it and also clean up a little rust on the wheels, but that's about it. I'm also thinking about maybe getting one of the sprockets that has a built in guard for it, but that's a maybe. I may just stick with the stripped down look.

Here's how it turned out.

IMG_1896.jpg

Thanks. I'm just sorry I didn't take any pictures of the mountian bike frame before I started pulling it apart.

Front and rear derailers, cables, hand brakes, more cables.

A major difference from how it looked then to how it looks now.

yep nice and simple. This could be a trend. I am doing the same to a Noweigen frame/fork. added new wheels and such.

Back