Rat Rod Rail in as found cond.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this 20" buried in a mound of later model Roadmaster & Huffy dimestore bikes. Checked out an old farmer who years back also operated an auction barn, several hundred bicycles were in piles along the property. Two-thirds of the bicycles were sold for scrap before I new about the bicycles being there. Bicycles were $1ea. in bunches or $5 ea. for a few.

I bought $20 worth, this 'nanner seat bike, a Shelby I listed earlier, Cleveland Welding NoName 1940's boys, and a 1970's 10 spd. Mossberg.
RRBBBGRN007.jpg

This seat has a diamond stitch pattern which looks really cool. I think I'll just leave it as is and just add a new chain and a solid wheel rebuild.

cool lookin wheelie machine i'd say., that frame looks unually long for some reason .

ohh thats nice to dose your buddy want to sell or trade ihujbjbu;uhfaUIG4 OPS ! sorry i was whiping the druel off my key board :mrgreen: :lol:

Ive been workin on my rail for a couple days now, this is what it looked like when i built it for the 20in build off but never got my stuff together to get a picture up. On mine the tips where broke out of the front of the frame, so i installed some LEDs in there looks kinda cool.
HPIM4188.jpg

Nice score man 8)

man where do you guys find this stuff i'VE been collecting off and on for 15 years now and never seen any frames like those :?

Oooooh I think that bikes perfect looking all worn down like that. I'd leave it alone and put some new tires/tubes on it, regrease it and ride it!

Borlaxx said:
Oooooh I think that bikes perfect looking all worn down like that. I'd leave it alone and put some new tires/tubes on it, regrease it and ride it!
Agreed. It is a cool shade of blue and the red wheels are a cool touch. You see a lot a black bikes with red wheels but not man baby blue with red ones. I would love to have that one sitting next to mine.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
ohh thats nice to dose your buddy want to sell or trade ihujbjbu;uhfaUIG4 OPS ! sorry i was whiping the druel off my key board :mrgreen: :lol:
Ya never know , but his warn spot is for vintage mountain bike stuff or 24 inch cruiser, or he might trade for a complete stingray project.

I like my baby blue bikes, this is my second one. The crankset looks original, warp sprocket was beat back to keep the chain tracking straight. Think I'll just repack and ride 8)

cool lookin ratty bike there. that white nanner would look good on a few of my bikes. use to have one that i put on my 20" hawthorne lowrider conversion bike, but it got away from me years ago. :roll:

Back