rat scooter????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waddy'all think of this? my dad picked it up for a buck at a garage sale and gave it to me thinking it was a joke cuz at the time i only dealt in gravity speed bikes. he said it might help me slow down-hahahaha. when he gave it to me it was blue, scratched and rusty like crazy, had stickers/grass/dirt/cobwebs hanging off it...y'all have seen it before. soooo....i cleaned up all the rust, cleaned all the us-able hardware, replaced assorted nuts and bolts that were too crappy to use, re-painted her frame silver, painted her stem face plate and hubcaps green, put on new sparkle grips, rebuilt her hubs, took apart the brake levers and brake assemblies and cleaned/rebuilt/replaces worn peices, added a reflector and painted its mounting bracket the same green as the hub cap and stem face plate, disassembled the caliper brakes and painted one of the arms the same green as the other green peices, added some eightball vavle stem covers, and made a new custom floorboard that i painted yellow and covered in peices of scrap skatebaord grip tape (freeeby from skate shop and left overs from other projects) that i cut into circles. i hate doing brakes so thats why she's not cabled up. after i did all this i took her back to my dad and he was like "where did you get that?" and it took him a minute of looking it over before he would believe that it was the same rusty pile of crap he picked up at the garage sale! hahahaha this was my second attempt at customising something and she turned out ok! im gonna take her to the swap meet this weekend and see if i can trade her or find her a good home where she will get the use she needs. if not, then i have to build a new floor board cuz i broke a peice off last time i rode her. the next floor board will use a skateboard deck that i rescued from the the trash can at a local skate park. ill probably add a few stickes and maybe some pinstriping if she's gonna stay in the collection. fast eddie outty

scooter2.jpg

scooter3.jpg

Back