Rat strech, burrito....... I don't know........

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys i will start this post with: “If my English is bad don’t kill me i’m Italian”. I like this forum so much , is full of people with great creation skill and great ideas. After seeing so many bikes here, I decided to build one myself. I really like the burrito bike and even the rat rod car, so I tried to mix these two ideas. This is what came out ...

20140330_180837.jpg

20140330_180816.jpg

The thing with the 8-ball attached it's not a suicide shifter but a suicide brake lever........ i hope to get a rear drum brake and change the ugly normal brake.
The bike will not be paint but i will use a chemical reaction to make some patina rust. See you soon with some update.

Now that is my kind of Bur-rat-o.. Very nice work! I look forward to seeing the patina

Sorry for the delay but I could work on the bike Saturday and Sunday only.
So i did the rust "paint" with some chemical reaction and this are the result..
20140406_163338.jpg

I used it in this order: muriatic acid, vinegar, salt water, and hydrogen peroxide. The latter two can be used again and again to darken the rust.
As you can see i've added front light (it's an old fog light) and for the rear i've used the original front light of the bike.
20140406_163344.jpg

20140406_163353.jpg

the lights were converted to LED. Both are powered by a 12v battery placed in the jar (old jar of cocoa Lindt) positioned in front of the rear fender with a switch on it.
For now the bike is finished, I'm just missing a saddle that I will try to buy at a flea market.

See, I told you guys Italian's are allright!
Great english and the bike is allright.

Since this is the bike that I use to go to work, I wondered: What if I were to do the shopping? So I'm building a sidecar ......
This is the starting point. The sidecar is removable, thanks to the screws that hold it fixed to the bike.
20140415_145347.jpg

Stay tuned for future updates

Since this is the bike that I use to go to work, I wondered: What if I were to do the shopping? So I'm building a sidecar ......

I wondered how it rides? How far is your commute to work?

Carl.

@GuitarlCarl i work 2km away from home ( it's not much ). The bike ride well. The problem start after 10 km cause the seat it's hold.
Sorry for the delay but I haven't much time to work on the sidecar. However, this was the start of the project.
20140415_145347.jpg

After nearly 1000 times of dangerous rollover I discarded this design... I said to myself ... why not do it tilting, and this is the result.
20140428_085325.jpg

20140428_085350.jpg

Simply between the vertical and horizontal tubular I added a tube through which pass a threaded rod that that
allows the rotation of the vertical tubular.
I just realized today that it is mounted on the contrary, when the rain stops'll fix it. I hope to get some time to try it to see how it work.
On the 25th of this month in Italy is the feast of liberation from the Nazis and like every year
I attended a local ride in which they are awarded the older and the craziest bike.
Well this year my Rat Bike has won the first prize ....I'm very satisfied with my work.
20140425_173355.jpg

Back