Ratliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took me six long months for this one in between my busy schedule but I am pleased with my first complete rebuild.
Thanks to this site and all the people on it I feel pretty confident for future projects. Here are some pics from start to finish on my 50 something J.c Higgins Flightliner.
002.jpg

003.jpg

0042-1.jpg

022.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

008.jpg
007.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, Im gonna have some better pics taken with a real camera in a few days. So What do ya think?

I have that same frame was my first bike build. I love the flow of it not to mention the pointy rear drop outs.

Got the pedals from a local bike shop close to home as well as the tires and seat. I had another bike shop relace the wheels for me 'cuz I was uncomfortable doing it myself otherwise I stripped and put it all back together myself. It was very satisfying work, overall I am pleased with the turnout. As I tell everyone who sees it in person, "its all in the details."

Here are some better pics I took today.
today004.jpg

today005.jpg

today011.jpg

And here is my working collection
today023.jpg

I like the fish mouth headlight.its shaped like a Shelby Cobra too.I have a BF Goodrich Challenger (no tank) as a future project with that same frame.I like the way the bottom tubes join the down tube.

Back