RaTornado... Tank fab!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RaTornado...pinstripe laid on wheels!

My tires came in!

So I was able to do my photo shoot at my super secret location. This place was a Studebaker shop back in the 50's and 60's then some kind of radio repair till it closed in the 1980's and has sat sealed up full of NOS Studebaker parts till now...A guy bought it to turn it into his man-cave / tinkering shop. He was nice enough to allow me to photograph my bike in front of this time capsule.

This van was bought the year before the place closed.

Re: RaTornado...DONE!

3 wheeled wolfy said:
Those billy goats look cool on there!! Great feel of the whole thing.
You should see the black and whites in the finished thread!

BRAVO Brudderman!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
BRAVO Brudderman!!!!!

Thanks Fish!

jats said:
real nice dude!!

Troy

Thanks! I think the whitewalls were exactly what this bike needed.

This probably will not make the build off deadline but hopefully will make the build. I'm going to have a sticker made for the rear fender just above the reflector. Something like a cross between Rat Fink and the Tasmanian Devil's tornado.

Looks awesome 8)

The whitewalls certainly top the cake!

:mrgreen:

Well all the small finishing touches did not make the build off but I will continue adding things to this bike for many years to come as money becomes available. I already ordered one of these cool fender lights for the front fender to replace the Gatorade bottle:

The Gatorade bottle might become a taillight or I might use it on another bike. Also I have another BIG update that did not make the build off which involves the Rat fink sketch above but NOT a sticker like I was going to do. And there is something else to it but you all will have to wait to find out what it is. Only me and a very cool member in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" know what it will be. :wink:

outskirtscustoms said:
This probably will not make the build off deadline but hopefully will make the build. I'm going to have a sticker made for the rear fender just above the reflector. Something like a cross between Rat Fink and the Tasmanian Devil's tornado.

How did I miss this??????!!!!! Very cool!!!

Don't know how you missed it but thanks, I wanted something that really tied together Rat (as in ratty or rat rod) and Tornado (type of bike) and I thought back to the old Rat Fink which is rat rod through and through and started thinking of the Tasmanian devil and the Tornado and it hit me to combine the two, I sent a few PM's and found the perfect guy to do the work and going by some of the other work this guy has done it will be off the charts cool. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I am sure it will be slick. I think after the madness of BO8 I need to look at a lot of the threads in more detail. There was just too much coolness to keep up with.

kingfish254 said:
I am sure it will be slick. I think after the madness of BO8 I need to look at a lot of the threads in more detail. There was just too much coolness to keep up with.

You got that right, Here's a little of what you missed from me... :lol:

I re-acquired Black Mamba and it became red devil, then became Dirt Devil.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=65197&hilit=+dirt+devil

Dark Horse 2 got new wheels then got traded off
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72042&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

And Dark Pony is still sitting around in the back not doing much getting ready to be parted out.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72260&hilit=+dark+pony

For those of you who know your Hot Wheels cars here's a hint as to what's going to happen with my rear fender on RaTornado. The car's name is a BIG hint.

Well I got bored last night so I decided to make my trailer match the bike a bit better. So I went and painted the tub flat black, painted the rim's outer section red and made my own whitewalls. Still got a little touch up to do with a bit of sandpaper to clean up my lines a bit but it looks good for now.

And couldn't forget the speed forum sticker. :mrgreen:

Re: RaTornado... trailer re-do

I was out for a ride anyway so I thought I'd share a few of the other locations that I scouted for my photo shoot that didn't work out. Enjoy!

Chief Kokomo painting along the "walk of excellence" trail...I thought this one was a little busy in the color department and detracted from the bike.

Shipping door of an old shop here in Kokomo...I really liked this one but the Studebaker shop had that time capsule feel to it.

And a little photo editing

Sweet hauler!

UPDATE: My fender light and fender are both in transit to me! Should be able to finish this one up soon.

Latest posts

Back