"RATS-ALT"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "RATS-ALT" (He's talkin)

Thanks guys. I really like the way this bike looks. Glad you guys like it too.

bean said:
Ooooohhhhh Yeeaaaaahhh!!!!! 8) 8)

p.s. Did he thank you for makin' him look even cooler?
HE said he wanted a fender. I said: "I'll giva ya a fender....with a skirt". :lol: He swayed his front wheel back and forth and said: "I'm man enough to wear a skirt.".....BUT is he man enough to wear a MINI-skirt. He said he may have issues with that.... I said " You got ISSUES, here's a box of TISSUES.....I'm the boss.

Graylock said:
As I continued to stare :shock: at your fender I realized it's not a "mini skirt".........it's a kilt. 8)

Graylock

With the comment about "your" fender, I think you're trying to get my thread KILT! :shock:

Re: "RATS-ALT" (mini skirt)

SOOOO! Here is the very last shot unpainted. I have a paint scheme in mind. But to be sure, I'm going to wait a week or so. This was the "look" I was going for (big BULLY)....So far it's been relaxing and FUN.

003-22.jpg

I'm feeling it Larry. Looks done as it sits to me, but I bet your paint idea will be great too.

I've had the pleasure to ride a couple of your bikes, not sure I cold ride this one though. :)

Re: "RATS-ALT" (He's talkin)

KOTA said:
HE said he wanted a fender. I said: "I'll giva ya a fender....with a skirt". :lol: He swayed his front wheel back and forth and said: "I'm man enough to wear a skirt.".....BUT is he man enough to wear a MINI-skirt. He said he may have issues with that.... I said " You got ISSUES, here's a box of TISSUES.....I'm the boss.
As Creedence said: "You better not complaint boy, or you´ll get in trouble with the man" :D

I would try paintin´ that gorgeous fender in the same beautiful Olive green the headlight is painted. :wink:

karfer67 said:
my vote for 1st place so far
I thought that was implicit already :wink:

lol your right but kota's look is totally where i am going for with mine too so hope it does not seem like i am being a copy cat. although i still would be tempted not to paint it but if i were building it i would paint it too. this bike is just plain sick it has great flow, neat kustom stuff, and a great mean attitude which i think is important in a build. its freak'in perfect

You guys "flatter" me. I'm not going to kid ya, I'd like to be somewhere at the top in the end. That's the reason we all enter. I've learned from people like karfer...You just keep going and going, look at it for a while and go some more. With that said, I think I want to do a "little" more. :lol: But first I'll have to check the rules. :wink:
Karfer as far as being a copy cat, don't worry. TWO bikes can end up having the same attitude, but got there in different ways. Your frame is completly different. Your front end is totaly different. That's like saying ALL bikes that sit level are copy cats, NO...So ALL bikes that are dropped in the front are copy cats, NO! I'm looking forward to see how your bike gets SLAMMED....Thanks again!

karfer67 said:
lol your right but kota's look is totally where i am going for with mine too so hope it does not seem like i am being a copy cat...

In the end a Karferbike will never be mistaken for a Kota-bike, and vice versa ofcourse. You two have such personal and distinctive buildstyles that you can pick em out of a crowd right away. Probably even when you two try to copy eachother...
It's great to see the top of the crop getting inspired by the other vegetables.
...or something like that...

My English isn't very well. Still. :oops:
:wink:

Love the repeating lightningbolt motif Kota. Hope to see it echoed again in some pinstriping or somewhere else! Chainguard would be a nice spot for it. Maybe even cut a jagged edge along he bottom of it. Hmmm some sort of buzz saw crank... (Forgive me for thinking out loud! You obviously know what you are doing and I am enjoying the ride for sure!)

OO BABY!! THAT'S HOTT!! PAINT IT AND THEY WILL COME. PEACE

Re: "RATS-ALT" (NEW LINES)

I gotta stop staring at it! I'm lucky. My wife "lets" me keep it in the living room. So when we watch TV, I can keep studying it. I THOUGHT I was done, but....This might be the next step. Right now it's just semi fabbed. I won't be using THAT tubing, but it's easy to shape and work with (1/2"). When it's done the curve on the frame will match the front forks, and the bottom tube will match the rest of the angled lines of the bike....This is just to give you an idea of how it will look. What do you think?
OH! Now it will be a COMPLETE paint job.

006B.jpg

Lookin BAD 'BEEP" KOTA! Attitude with flow!

"I gotta stop staring at it! I'm lucky. My wife "lets" me keep it in the living room."

I need your wife to talk to mine. She won't even let me bring it in the house, let alone the living room. But, she knows if she lets one in eventually the house will be full of bikes! (what's wrong with that?)

Can't wait to see what you come up with on paint! THUMBS UP BRO!

Hey pick. It's my wife's idea to do stuff in the living room. Otherwise she's afraid she'd never see me....I'd be a cellar dweller!

thats funny, she'd be a rat rod bike widow. :mrgreen:

Looks like the sacrifice of those 2 racks was worth it, killer bike. I do like those "gap filler" tubes, it kinda' adds to it's "at speed while stationary" look.

I was just thinking of your truss bars, when I went to the grocery store. You could re - purpose a shopping cart for your truss bars ?
1307240735.jpg

Again, THANKS for all the kind words. I thought I was done about 3 mock ups ago. But there is plenty of time left in the build off, so I'm in no hurry to finish. It seems every time I think I'm done, I just look at it and say: I think I'll try this, or that.

socratesjpt, you know your "hooked" in this hobby when you start looking everywhere, for things to use on a bike, like a grocery cart. :lol: :lol: GOOD IDEA though! When I go shopping with my wife, I'm constanly looking and checking. NLCTVWguy (Rob) found the mini beer kegs at Ocean State Job Lot......I got a feeling that a lot of grocery stores will be missing some carts now. :lol:

Back