Rattle Can Colors for the Vintage Whites and Cremes???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm restoring an old tricycle and having trouble trying to match the vintage colors. This question has been nagging me for a while now. The creme colors used on the old bikes is escaping me, what are you guys using from a rattle can that closely matches those vintage tones???
(Please post pics for reference if you've got some.)

go to your local automotive paint shop and they can mix any color you want and put it in a rattle can for you

That's a good recommendation but I don't have a local automotive paint supplier (the nearest would be more than 30mi), and I'm looking for the $4/can variety...

With so many shades available between Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Tractor Supply, and Michaels there's got to be a few good options in there somewhere.

got this color @ my local lowes....brand is valspar
010811150624.jpg

2011-01-05161906.jpg

maybe this may help :|

One that I've used before that has a real antiquky look is put out by Briggs and Stratton. Yes the lawnmower people! It is an aerosol spray used to paint lawnmower engines. I think it's called Pearl White. They have an Ice White that is a bright white. But the Pearl White has a good old time look to it and it's durable. Probably get a lawnmower shop to order it for you. Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back