ratty cycle truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well here is my next project.A 19?? Road master Cycle truck.Skiptooth rolls smooth,but no brakes to speak of haha.Im working on a couple designs for a front rack that I havent decided on the winner yet.Im trying to get an old 50s Coke cooler,the kind they used to carry on the beach.I cleaned the front Shwinn/bendix wheel alittle too much and now its too shiney.The front is not the right wheel for it but its off a Schwinn cycle truck.I have fenders but Im unsure on those right now too.But for now this is my new beach transportation.Rats at the beach,gotta love em!!And in case you see the ....... plastic pedal,I had 2 old school lefts.But what can ya do??

roadmaster00150.jpg

30thtbird Thanks so much for that!!!Thats one ad I havent seen before.All Ive found are old pics,but no ads.So I have 90% original parts.The bars are newer,pedals need to be changed,and im glad you sent that cause I thought the forks were wrong.My last cycle truck had the kickstand mount in the middle of the fork so im glad to see how they mounted it.thanks again.

bikejunkie, I don't think it is the exact same year as yours, just try to help a little . Notice the difference in the rear dropouts. Kenny.

Oh yeah.Thanks for the info.Didnt even notice that!Does anyone know how to date these?I was under the asumtion that road master only made these for a couple years.Ive only ever seen 39s through 41s and they all loked the same.

Wow, good eye. I guess the way the chainguard or whatever comes around the end that It didn't look the same. That's good to know. I know there was a couple of these over on a sight called the cabe(classic and antique bicycle exchange). That's where I saved the pic from. Kenny.

Thanks for the new pics.I have those pics printed out already.I have some pics that Ive collected over the years of different trucks on the internet.Ive had this bike for a few years and just decided to take it out of my rafters and build it.Rides pretty smooth and quiet.Just needs brakes!!!

Back