Ratty Electra 3 Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked this up today off Craigslist. It was posted the other day for $100 and I was hoping to look at it after work and see if I could get it for $60. Ad was deleted, so I assumed it sold. Today, it was relisted for $60. I called after work and drove down. The thing is beat, but I am good with some rattiness. $40 later, I am lading it up.

I like these mid 2000s Electras because they had the lugged forks, crank forward geometry and other nice touches like the truss rods and drop center style rims.

As for condition, it needs a lot. Shifter was all messed up, but I fixed that. It needs the hubs adjusted, bottom bracket repacked, front wheel trued, and the Nexus hub isn't shifting into all 3 gears. This will give me something to do.

Wow, forgot about this thread. Clicked on it without realizing it was mine. Started reading and still didn't realize those were my words. Then, I saw the pic and it clicked, haha.

$300 sounds a bit steep for one of these. They are neat bikes, but that much money can buy you one of Electra's more premium models like a Rat Fink or Straight 8. $200 tops for a nice one of these Relics. $40 was just about right for the beat up, covered in cat pee one I bought.

Yeah I thought it was too much cash but for some reason used electras aren't cheap around here.

Latest posts

Back