Raven!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's high noon Tuscon time, right?.....
tempImage5833wW.jpg
tempImage5833wW.jpg
tempImagejCoLco.jpg
tempImagejCoLco.jpg
tempImagejCoLco.jpg
tempImageZqm9iy.jpg
tempImageZqm9iy.jpg
tempImageZqm9iy.jpg
tempImageOVi2MD.jpg
tempImageOVi2MD.jpg

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/raven.115796/

Last edited by a moderator:
So very sorry for all the multiple posts. We all know I am computer challenged. Also, I am not sure how to post a link to the build thread.
Mods please feel free to clean up my sloppy post, and if some one could explain to me, in words of one syllable or less, how to post a link....
Speaking of links...I still need to remove another link from her chain. I need some clips for the cables. I need to install lights. But she rides real nice. Very smooth. I have never had a bike with a suspension fork before. I like it! She is ridable and pedal powered...

Oh, and I know the seat doesn't match the vibe, but it is REALLY comfortable.

Nice!

I have no idea what you were thinking of in terms of seat, but that one seems perfect for me. Bikes should mostly be rideable, and if that seat means you can enjoy riding the bike, then it must be a good choice.

Thanks @GeePig I think, vibe-wise, a sleek, light weight seat like off an older 10-speed would have looked better, but the truth is, if it's not comfortable I am not going to ride it. And that seat is COMFORTABLE.

I love your use of that wheelset with this build. Cool graphics too.
The Bork, was just the icing on the cake :D
BRAVO!

The BORK (Futility is Resistant! Your *** Will Be Laminated!...no....wait....). is a mistake. I had taken the fork off the last night before voting to replace the bearings and install new headset and a few spacers...I work nights, it was late...and I put the fork on backwards and never even realized it. @Captain Awesome pointed it out to me, seconds after the deadline, lol.
Thanks for the kind words. That wheel set is pretty much exactly what I saw in my minds eye when I first decided to build a bike. I was surfing the net, looking for cool pictures of bikes, and wound up here.
I am SO glad I found this forum. You guys are the best. Unfortunately, now I feel the need to build, oh, I don't know, I think last count was FOUR MORE bikes....
.....people that live in tiny apartments shouldn't surf this site....

people that live in tiny apartments shouldn't surf this site...
Truth. Also applicable to people with garages. This isn't everything:
IMG_20220910_094742878.jpg

There should be a warning: "Rat roddin' is only safe if you have a barn or warehouse"
It is also worth discussing whether it is safe for people with significant others

Latest posts

Back