RAW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have been wanting to build a Firebike Fluid for years...for as long as i can remember since i saw the frame 10 years ago maybe?

Idea is to keep everything RAW as much as possible. I live in a flat with a terrasse so making part is a bit tricky.

so for those of you who don't know, here is the frame

firebikes_frame_fluid_3.jpg

And here are parts that i have just received. (i am not going to give away everything from the start)

As for the bars, undecided yet, so i ordered 3 from zombieperformance (Steffan is an awesome guy). Right column, 3rd, 4th and last are mine (killer deal on all of them) - last one isn't RAW but we shall see (eventually i think i will sell 2 of them, watch this space if you are interested)

see you all at the next update :)

right...right...right...something tells me i will have to build a custom fork...without welding....

i need to get the back wheel in really, then i'd have a better idea....

ok, just order this raw beauty

db6424r.jpg

tyre 24 x 3.0

719471-berm-dl.jpg

Shimano 1 speed hub (yes this will eventually be an electric beast so no need for fancy hubs now)

naaf-a-shimano-terugtrap-as-158mm-117old.jpg

I guess i better learn to build a wheel....oh dear!!!

Last edited:
this one is a winner
i think so too, i just need to know 2 things :

1 - can i remove the steering shaft without breaking anything (so i can make one that would fit into a 1 1/8" steering headset)
2 - is there at least 40mm between axle and 1st (obstacle)

The length is sound (600mm sounds just perfect) and so is the width (140mm is what we use now)...so i really hope i get the answers i need!! :)

I wouldn't purchase those bars until your further along on your mockup. im running 14" of pullback on my firebike and im still leaning forward!

Back