Really, Another Bluebird on ebay.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with all the blue paint chips on the front fender, i'd say it used to be blue.
looks like that frames good and rotton in places.

Yep, used to be a blue bike, or, at least that's the color it was immediately before the red, who knows before that.
The bike's got its benefits and drawbacks. Like the last Ebay Bluebird it's missing some parts, but it's seemingly more complete than the last one. The only things that really jump out at me are the missing speedometer :shock: , incorrect seat, headlight lens, grips, emblem, maybe the wrong kickstand??? (Nate can surely verify that), and the as-mentioned incorrect rear wheel. Also some odds and ends missing, but the downside is, with most bikes if you've got odds and ends missing it might add up to $50 to replace them, with the Bluebird it could easily be $500.

The bike actually looks to have more potential than the last one we saw on the 'bay, but I too would be very concerned about that rust-through.

I think if the guy would hire someone (I say hire because he obviously doesn't know beans from ball bearings about fixing them) to fix it up a bit and at least make it ride-able it would bring A LOT more money. It looks like someone tried to Jerry rig A LOT of stuff on it and you'd need to spend some time going over every detail to make sure it's safe to ride.

outskirtscustoms said:
I think if the guy would hire someone (I say hire because he obviously doesn't know beans from ball bearings about fixing them) to fix it up a bit and at least make it ride-able it would bring A LOT more money. It looks like someone tried to Jerry rig A LOT of stuff on it and you'd need to spend some time going over every detail to make sure it's safe to ride.

I couldn't agree more!

It's still a great bike but it's gonna need work. Probably LESS work than a new Walmart bike but definitely some work. :roll: I wish I had that kind of money to spend on a bike.

It is a nice start to having a complete bluebird list of parts I see missing is the Kickstand, seat, fender ornament,headlight lens, grips, rear rack reflector, speedometer and cable, tool box screw,pedal end cap and blocks. I think the rear rim might be correct and the front is from like a 35 or early 36. also the front fork is bent which can be fixed along with the fender tails. but I think it is a better start then the last one. but still probably missing 1500-2000 dollars worth of parts and that is if you can find them. and who knows might have good Original paint under that red. Im guessing it goes for around $6500.

Back