Really fat tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at some of the European cruisers, and it seems like they prefer REALLY fat tires over there. I think they look awesome (for examples, look at "mr. hot" and his recent posts).
I would love a really fat tired bike like one of these but was wondering, are these flatland only bikes? I can only imagine what type of rolling resistance one would have while riding them. They must be a real pain to ride uphills and such I would think.
Thoughts? opinions?

I roll on Fat Franks with The Chief and I have found that it's like riding on a cloud. Montreal is basically a big hill were ever you go and I've had no issue with them. I would buy another pair today given the opportunity.

well, there's a guy here in germany who makes 5.7inch wide rims and puts 4 1/4" tires on them. i don't have experience with tires that fat, but i think it's still ridable, although you might need a gearshift.
i got an about 3" wide rim (it exactly is 80mm) with 2.35" tires on my stretch and with only 29psi it's running really smooth 8)

Back