Really?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, that is awful that someone is trying to be that much of a shyster. They have 0 feedback. I hope no one falls for it.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that crook should be reported.

To who, for what? He's not actually claiming that its a rare vintage bike, so he isn't misrepresenting it, at least not technically. Anyone that is looking to spend that much money on a collector bike is going to know better. There's nothing illegal with trying to resell something for profit, assuming it was legally obtained. Granted, that doesn't address the ethical side of it, but the market will bear what it will bear, and this guy is quickly going to learn that he isn't fooling anyone.

On the other hand, I wouldn't object to someone sending him a message that says "hey jackass, that's a $200 Walmart bike. What kind of idiot are you?" Or something like that...

snydur said:
question:why 1967? whats so special, not "1960's" but 1967. hmmmm

i know what you mean, i get why they do it but i wonder what makes them pick the year they do when it comes to this stuff :lol:

CCR said:
snydur said:
question:why 1967? whats so special, not "1960's" but 1967. hmmmm

i know what you mean, i get why they do it but i wonder what makes them pick the year they do when it comes to this stuff :lol:
Go figure. Why '67? :?

I see you will get FREE SHIPPING .For that pice you better get free shipping and mabey a weekend in Vegas. :shock:

Spokeshave said:
Go figure. Why '67? :?

i think they reason is its more likely to grab a sucker if they pick a year, could be any year, but it gives the illusion they are getting a 40 year old bike rather than a bike that is styled after a 40 year old bike ... because obviously they are fishing for a sucker. Why they didnt say 1957 or 1962 i have no idea though. Just my opinion.

Neat! It's almost identical to my 1967 uh, beach bike. I wish there were more pics. I like to see a little more detail when I spend that kind of money. Maybe I'll ask him to email more pics :lol:

expjawa said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that crook should be reported.

To who, for what? He's not actually claiming that its a rare vintage bike, so he isn't misrepresenting it, at least not technically. Anyone that is looking to spend that much money on a collector bike is going to know better. There's nothing illegal with trying to resell something for profit, assuming it was legally obtained. Granted, that doesn't address the ethical side of it, but the market will bear what it will bear, and this guy is quickly going to learn that he isn't fooling anyone.

On the other hand, I wouldn't object to someone sending him a message that says "hey jackass, that's a $200 Walmart bike. What kind of idiot are you?" Or something like that...

AMEN! You can ask what ever you want, It doesn't mean he will get it! But if someone is stupid enough to buy it then thats their opption.

I sent a question to him asking if this wasn't the same thing WalMart sells for $149 and ships for free to your home. I doubt I'll get a response. :wink:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Huffy-26-Men- ... k/14122737

oh wait a second, perhaps he fixed the forks that WalMart put on backwards and he charges like a lawyer for his time :lol: :lol: :lol:

I noticed that the item is located in Baltimore,MD. I bet I know the exact Wal-Mart it was from.

Just to clarify,we're not all like this guy...

Back