Recent Central Cali finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few Goodies have crossed my path in May and so far in June, and for Central Cali being the bicycle wasteland that it is, I'm doing good, take a look.

1967 26 inch "Plain Jane" Schwinn, but man is it spotless, a CL find from a guy selling Grandmas old bike.

1955 Schwinn Corvette, all original, it's a women's bike, but I couldn't pass up a complete unrestored.

His and Hers, a 1975 Schwinn Breeze, and a large frame Schwinn Speedster, kinda crusty, but all there and I paid a really low price for the pair, they will eventually get Ratted out, they both have the cool older spring loaded Wald flashlight holders.

and last but not least this Fatty, a 1982 Columbia BIG MAC, needs some love, but just look at those box bars, and heavy gauge spokes and rims, and that oh so cool double bar frame, can you say 24 x 3 Fatty-O's !!!!

That's the first Corvette I've ever seen with painted fenders. Later ones all had stainless fenders. Makes me wonder what year they made the switch. Hang on to that one. Gary

Thanks, B607, Crash and GSC, yeah the BIg Mac was a 2 year only deal put out to mimic the newsboy special and compete for a share in the industrial bike market along with Worksman and RetBar cycles, the Corvette, although the serial dates it being built between 10/13/1955 and 10/17/1955, it seems like an earlier 55 year model, and another funny thing is it came with a regular upper and lower cup head set, as if it never had a front rack, other than the tires and the seat, everything is original and unmolested, I haven't found much lately, but what I'm finding is gooooood stuff Maynard.

The headset would be the same whether it had a front rack or not. The rack bracket just sits under the top nut. Gary

Back