recycling pays...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took cans into the recycle place today and the guy is holding a Western Flyer tandem for me. No pics yet but its got balloon tires on it!!! Ill prob. pick it up Fri.(when the wifes at work!) He said he was holding some Schwinns for me but ran out of space :cry:

Markm said:
took cans into the recycle place today and the guy is holding a Western Flyer tandem for me. No pics yet but its got balloon tires on it!!! Ill prob. pick it up Fri.(when the wifes at work!) He said he was holding some Schwinns for me but ran out of space :cry:
The only place to recycle cans here is in a machine outside of shop-rite.
Scrap yards dont deal with cans(I think I need to re-locate to more rural settings)
And the bikes go to the town garage for the most part, the scrap guys are inbred(no joke) so they are kinda anti-social!

talked to the guy on the phone today...20 bucks and I get it tommorrow. Yesterday he had a line of bikes set up and asked me which ones I wanted. There was a green mens collegiate, a womans green schwinn something, an all pro womans and a mens English something. I told him Id prob. take the tandem and the mens collegiate and left. Hours later I realized there was a Brooks leather saddle on the English bike (Im a little slow sometimes... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) When I talked to him today I asked about it and its already gone... The sad thing is most of these bikes are all there and ridable except for flats...I have enough bikes already but I think about the guys on here that cant find bikes and here Im turning them down..it's not right...yet theres little I can do......Im going to ask him about saving seats and grips and maybe handlebars if he has the time ...

100_1538.jpg

That tandem frame looks the same as the Rat Tandem currently being discussed. I see huge stretch solo chopper potential!!!!!

Rural living is great isn't it! Sorry Hugo... If I had the money I'd fill a cargo plane with bikes and bring em down to you!

Back