Regions Bank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like they just painted a bunch of cheapo box store bikes green for their commercials, like these kulana's that usually sell for under a $100 new.

41PvQH7fK7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yea, they look pretty much like standard issue Pacific built models. Regions Bank is based in Birmingham AL and I remember them sponsoring a family fun ride and a critendon race several years ago downtown. It wasn't long after that they adopted the bike as an advertising symbol.

its so strange, every time i think about something, within 3 days someone posts about it. 8) this chick in town reminded me im supposed to find her a cheap single speed cruiser, and she mentioned this commercial and said that was the perfect bike for her.

went to their website for a better look at bike, chaingaurd on the left, kickstand on the right! :lol:

X-RAY said:
went to their website for a better look at bike, chaingaurd on the left, kickstand on the right! :lol:

It's a real common practice for advertisers to flip the image - I've also seen it alot in fashion photography. Haven't you ever seen a picture of Cindy Crawford with the mole on the opposite side of her face?

Here's one listed on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Regions-Bank-Bicycl ... 2c57d13ad7

Pretty nice profit for a bike you can go and buy new for $129 along with a can of $6 spray paint a couple isles over. Instant classic???

i see those ads all the time, and the posters at the bank, but i've never seen an actual bike. don't know what they are. i'm thinking someone told me they saw one at the Railroad Park in B'ham.

off topic, but there's a nifty little bike co-op on Birmingham's Southside. check it out if you're local to that area.

I was driving home from Walmart one day and their BIke Brigade was walking about twenty of those bikes across the bridge that goes over the freeway here.

Speaking of Regions Bank bikes. I found out today that the Big Green Bike Tour and Mobile Shop was touring in my area yesterday. Dumb me for not getting some pics! Supposed to have a 12ft. tall replica of the "Life Green Cruiser" or something to that effect on display. Heard reports of a big green bike heading down the interstate on a commercial vehicle. http://www.gadsdentimes.com and you may have to tab on to local news to find "big green bike".

roadmaster, theres no pic of cindy on that link. :lol: ive seen those reversed pics before, just thought it was funny all i wanted to see was the bike and it was backwards. maybe ill end up painting a bike for her. 8)

I have one.

129200992.jpg

I have not done anything to it yet, but the cheap coaster brake has the reported "growl" noise when coasting.

I'll let you know if I can get it to quite down with a re-pack, but I don't have time to get into this one for awhile. Too many bike projects! :D

The frame and forks look pretty good to me.

I used one as the raw material for my Tiki Time Cruiser.I found the frame to be a bit on the small side. The growling in the hub is unfortunately kind of common, the result of quality Chinese machining. Some of them do, some don't.
tiki4.jpg

I picked up a Kulana Moon Dog at nearby Naugatuck Walmart. It appears to have been on the rack for a long while. It has alloy rims, and V-brakes, and some noname 7spd grip-index style shifter.After scrapping the pedals and putting some Schwinn/Bell "Sneaker Pedals" and some Bell comfort grips, I gotta say I love this bike.

It has an 18.5 inch frame with nice welds and great geometry. Essentially it has the rake of a common mountain bike. I find it to nimble and zippy, and at 32lbs (with fenders and chainguard) very lightweight.

The most impressive thing about the Moon Dog is it's surprisingly quality rimset, the front being a radial-laced 36 spoke.

I'm digging the cantilever frame as the look of it is pretty distinct and different from other canti frames.

Bigcam59 said:
I used one as the raw material for my Tiki Time Cruiser.I found the frame to be a bit on the small side. The growling in the hub is unfortunately kind of common, the result of quality Chinese machining. Some of them do, some don't.
tiki4.jpg

How true that is. My wife and I got a matching set of Schwinn Windwood made by Pacific over the net. She has the hub growl at coast and mine doesn't. Adjusting the cones on the rear hub helped a little.

My local shop has one for $149. Unused condition. Owner said the branch manager(a friend and past customer) dropped it off to get it out of the bank lobby, before someone tripped over it. Just was in there yesterday. Nice color combination. Its at Fun Wheels in Oxford, Alabama.

Back