relocation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately things haven't been going to good my business is failing an I live in a very small town not many options around here kinda a 1 horse type town. So I was thinking of relocating just not sure where I want to go I was born an raised outside New Orleans but not sure if I want to go back to that area or if I want to try somewhere new. I've looked at some of the my neighborhood post an a lot of places look interesting any idea's or suggestions would be great.

Anywhere in North Dakota is kicking right now because of the oil boom.
Lots of chances to make money even on support jobs. Work a while take the money
and run.

yeah u owning ur own truck ...stretch has a great idea !!! get out there n roll in the cash !!!! good luck 2 ya man i sure wish i could afford 2 pick up n move !!! couldnt leave ma n pa tho !!!

North Dakota doesn't sound bad lots of cash to be made moving that crude around but I'm thinking of funky I am thinking of Cali but not sure what tomorrow will bring

colorado...super bike friendly, weather is great and your close to dakota and cali?

The are lots of jobs here in the middle of the "boom", but few places to live. Lots of work in construction and retail besides the oil field work. If you have an rv or camper, you might find a place to park it until some of the apartments get finished. Do your homework before heading out here. Lots of folks arriving via bus and Amtrak everyday and because of the housing shortage they are sleeping in the parks or if they are lucky they may score a spot in a church basement. My house is for sale and the minute it sells, I am out of here. Too much going on for an old phart like me.

Indiana: where you can find bikes at yard sales for next to nothing. In the middle of the country so you'd be centrally located, and I can introduce you to all the hoarders and collectors... :lol:

Yeah I've heard that North Dakota was a lott crowded now a days I would be in my camper anyway but not sure I want to be in the middle of that boom anyway now Outskurts that my be an idea I've still got a couple of irons in the fire but really think it's time for a change my wife says no snow preiod my oldest son lives in Pa. an has been begging us to move up but the no snow thing keeps coming up

Here in the last few years it hasn't snowed a whole lot. Sometimes it doesn't snow till well into February then we get blasted. Indiana weather has a mind of its own. But on the years it does snow there's snowmobiles and carharts 8)

There's a site called findyourspot.com, where you take a quiz in what kind of area you're looking for. It also provides info about the areas it suggests. I took it a few years ago, when we were looking to get away from Va. Beach, and ended up moving just outside of Hickory, NC. Only problem has been the stalled economy, which could and is happening all over. It's great here otherwise, quiet, scenic, and small town-y. -Adam

Latest posts

Back