Remix of Remix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided my Remix bike - the Murray Mixtie turned rat rod - needed some red wheels, so I got busy and painted up a set yesterday while the weather was still warm.

I thought Steve would like it since the wheels now match the picture of the wheel up at the top of the forum page. :D

Here's how it looked when I first got it going ....

IMG_1743.jpg

And here's how it looks now .... different seat, different crank, a chainguard added, and the red wheels.

IMG_1815.jpg

Thanks, guys. I guess this one is the first one I would call a true rat rod bike - black hot rod primer, red wheels, and big fat whitewalls.

Today I did a little handlebar switching - to see how Remix would look and ride with some cruiser bars on it instead of the ape hangers.

I think it actually rides a little better with the cruiser bars on it since they are wider than the ape hangers were. With the neck rake the front fork feels a little heavy, and the wider cruiser bars help give you more control.

So here is a couple of shots - one with the apes on it and the other with the cruiser bars on it.

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

Back