REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Critter1 said:
I like the combination of parts in the light!!

Better keep it close cus these guys could use it, and they could finally fly at night!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's crazy the odds and ends one can pull together to make something completely different. I haven't a clue what that part was for or from? It was something I found a while ago thinking I might use it one day?

After building and mocking up the light for the umpteenth time, I'm not sure if I going to use it? It now seems too big for my taste? I won't know for sure, until I start painting the bike?

The Jetsons might be in the dark again?

kingfish254 said:
fordsnake said:
kingfish254 said:
I would love looking through your parts bin!!!
Maybe I can take peek at your part bin, I'm heading back to Cumming, GA. :D

Make a detour to Savannah and you got a deal. You can even ride Flexy and Fugsley.

Well I finally arrived ln Hotlanta, I'm not sure what's worst: the heat or the traffic? :D :D I wish I could detour down to Savannah but time is precious. But the next time I come to GA I'll be sure to give you an appropriate heads up so you can show me the sites...I'm told Savannah is stunning?

I just returned home last night from my Atlanta trip...all I could think about was getting back to REMIX...it's been almost a week since I've worked on it!

Before going out of town, I mentioned I found a sundry of (car) parts in my storage: cables, connectors, air vents etc. All I believe I can put to good use on this build?

Here's another part I pulled from a derelict bicycle...does anyone know which bicycle this came off? Here's a clue: it was made in the 30's.

You're gonna kill it, AGAIN.
Lookin great. 8)

That reminds me of the spaceship front on MoFaux
Way cool parts!

Skipton said:
I'm going say its a Twin Bar Elgin Bottom bracket cover.
We have a winner…give that man a cigar! Yup, it’s off an Elgin Twin Bar!

I was hoping to do more on the build today, since I’m on off to Phoenix tomorrow for 5 days. With my travels, a broken computer, and a bad cell phone…this build has been a challenge! 
I spend yesterday looking for a smaller headlight…the one I featured earlier in this post I feel is too large, it’s visually distracting. But I think I found a few parts today, but we’ll see?

I made my leather shroud for the tank this morning…I’m happy with the results.
003-4.jpg

Still lots more to do, but sadly I have to stop now and start packing for tomorrow travels. I can’t wait until I return home next Thurs…my computer should be done, I can then share my drawings and finally start painting the frame and dialing in and tweaking Remix.

Do you still have the carbide lamp I sent you last year as part of the BO7 Prize Pot?
It could work well with steampunk.

I'm so glad to be home after being out of town for almost two weeks! Yesterday, I worked on my leather shrouds...I'm feeling good with the results (just for clarity, these are not the original Elgin crank tins, these are made of leather).

I still haven't found a headlight that works with the design...I'm going to play with that today.

Very cool. Kinda like a cross between a spaceship and a steampunk fish. Sorta Captain Nemo-ish

MplsCoaster said:
Super Sweet!!
Rockit! said:
Paging Captain Nemo.....
kingfish254 said:
Very cool. Kinda like a cross between a spaceship and a steampunk fish. Sorta Captain Nemo-ish

Yeah, like mini submarines! But when it's done, hopefully it won't have any similarities to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Latest posts

Back