Removal of sold items

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something here ? How much more difficult can it be to actually remove a sold item from for sale listing? Some ads have 6 things listed, some items are noted sold in a few areas. But not all. Sometimes I don't even want to read the Messy listings with so much stuff listed and more than half of it is sold already . Is it easier to delete rather than write Sold on part if the listing? And 6 items in one picture? Quotes (number 3 is sold number 2 is pending and then price reduced ? What a puzzle .. Ugh...... Am I missing something or is it a test? If We get all the clues an the listing right do we win an award?

I think it is a product of trying to solve a different issue. You have folks that have many things for sale and folks that are occasionally selling an item or two. To keep it so the occasional seller doesn't instantly get their item buried five pages back, the PtBs have declared that a person can only have three threads open for sales at a time. So, if it is a person selling a ton of stuff...things probably just get lost in the clutter. If you are perusing old threads for parts, you may have to accept your going to get a few replies that an item is already gone...or no reply at all. It is the nature of the beast.

Jason

I do think there are a few listings that should regroup but that's on he seller... If I can't easily browse then can guarantee I cant easily shop...

I agree, but after 4 pages and maybe one available item.... Time to rethreaded and retire.. it dose get to point I jut don't bother opening.... I don't min I don't complain, I also don't shop :/

I do appreciate the old listings they can be helpful in valuing a fair price to pay on parts a a buyer.
I believe that is the reason old sale threads get left up.
Thankfully now with the added 'Title' available people can mark posts as sold once they are done.

Luke.

I see there is a Valuation section , there seems to be Buyers opinions and seems to be Sellers opinions. Would knowing the actual price that an item sold for rather than asking price be a solid fair value ? I like the Red Sold tag on titles! Just a few moments ago I read a for sale Ad with 10 items listed. I read it twice and still have NO Idea what is still for sale and what is sold! ( I read it because I am looking for parts to buy)

Guys like @kingfish254 leave their sold items clearly marked, but we can still see a thumbnail pic and the price. I think that's rad; it becomes more than just a for sale ad; it becomes an additional resource for valuation.

But, there are always old threads getting revived where someone asks "is this still available" on an item that was listed months or even years ago, and only then does the seller update with a "sorry, sold." That's frustrating to me when I'm browsing; I can only imagine the disappointment of the person inquiring about the item.

Guys like @kingfish254 leave their sold items clearly marked, but we can still see a thumbnail pic and the price. I think that's rad; it becomes more than just a for sale ad; it becomes an additional resource for valuation.

But, there are always old threads getting revived where someone asks "is this still available" on an item that was listed months or even years ago, and only then does the seller update with a "sorry, sold." That's frustrating to me when I'm browsing; I can only imagine the disappointment of the person inquiring about the item.
I'm guilty of digging old threads, but I'm shooting in the dark, if they still have it prolly either had no interest or it was unloved... I'm fine with it as log as seller is not annoyed by my responding to an open ad.
That said I'm not a normal buyer or hobbiest like loyalists would be.

I do think judging by what sold recently and at least an idea where the negotiations started is the best way o access a fair value... What a seller thinks they can get from an item or what someone wants to pay to get it isn't really valid. But done deals dose show what others are willing price the part. For me it's a good judge to know if we are close to realistic or if I should just hold off for now

I totally don't blame an ambitious buyer for resurrecting an old ad.... as far as you can tell, the item is still available, and it never hurts to ask, right?

The mildly annoying part is that the seller sold the thing and didn't bother to update or delete the ad.. It only takes 2 seconds to pots "Sold! Thanks, PholTMonx!" at the bottom of the thread...

I've seen this subject come up time and time again , you'll figure it out eventually. Some things are just better left alone.

I totally don't blame an ambitious buyer for resurrecting an old ad.... as far as you can tell, the item is still available, and it never hurts to ask, right?

The mildly annoying part is that the seller sold the thing and didn't bother to update or delete the ad.. It only takes 2 seconds to pots "Sold! Thanks, PholTMonx!" at the bottom of the thread...
Sold leave me alone pholT!!! Potential sellers signature for many I'm sure.

Great info to get real Valuation is being posted more and more here on the site. Buyers are posting what they Paid for their bikes. That seems like true actual sale valuation rather than Sellers posting wishful thinking sale prices.

You're missing the point; if it's marked "sold" and we keep the price up, then we know what he was asking and, in most cases, roughly what it sold for. I think some of the better deals in Fresh Finds and ID/Valuations seem a bit dubious....

Yes
You're missing the point; if it's marked "sold" and we keep the price up, then we know what he was asking and, in most cases, roughly what it sold for. I think some of the better deals in Fresh Finds and ID/Valuations seem a bit dubious....
the point is being missed . We ......? Roughly....? Postings Dubious...? Dragnet Sgt Friday said: The Facts just the Facts please. The End.

The facts are, the thread title can be marked "sold" with the red "sold" icon anyway... and "we" would refer to the members of this forum. "Roughly" refers to the fact that we know what the seller had been asking, but it is possible that some haggling occurred via private message or whatever, so it admittedly wouldn't be accurate in every case. But, i do know that when ppl post about how they found a nice prewar Schwinn at a yard sale and bought it for $20, there's a pretty good chance they're tellin' stories. Hence, those posts are dubious.

It's pretty hard to take your demands for "facts" seriously, when most of what you've contributed is some belly-achin' about the difficulty you face with comprehension of these posts. I agree that sellers ought to be letting buyers know what's sold, but the OP in this thread suggests confusion even when they do so. You complain about 6 items being listed in one thread, but there's a rule about only having 3 or fewer active posts in the FS forum, so folks with a lot to sell have to consolidate. You ask "How much more difficult can it be to actually remove a sold item from for sale listing?" I might respond with a question of my own: "how difficult can it be to read the words in front of you, on your computer screen?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back