Remove Bad Spray Job, Oven Cleaner???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a sweet mens Murray Monteray last night, bad bad spray bomb job, bike looks to be in excellent condition but someone tryed to make it better :lol: will easy off oven cleaner take that trash off without damaging the original enamel paint?

Yes it will but you need to work fast, some original colors will fade faster than others, like red

I have heard oven cleaner works but I have never been able to get it to.

I use this stuff but its serious paint remover...
aircraft.jpg

oven cleaner won't work on original paint, best used to take off top layer of repaint leaving original paint pretty much untouched

KZ1000 said:
oven cleaner won't work on original paint, best used to take off top layer of repaint leaving original paint pretty much untouched

Yeah, I've tried to for that - spray paint over original - without success. I better try it again since you say it works. Thanks

Cool, yea, not looking to take it to the bare metal, just down to the og paint

Check out my build in my signature, ran out of stripper, tried oven cleaner ... don't bother. I would just try to polish it off myself

I have used lacquer thinner with a green nylon scouring pad to remove a spray bomb paint job. You might need to mix in ("reduce" with) some mineral spirits if the straight lacquer thinner is too "hot" and starts removing the original paint.

I have used oven cleaner for years.Easy Off regular works best to get non factory off.Spray it on liberaly and cover it with a plstic bag then put it in the sun for a while.Check on it about every 30 min.Don't let it dry.You may have to use a brush on stubborn areas and wear rubber gloves.Don't inhale it.

Latest posts

Back