Remove Kenda Flame logo???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone removed the logo from Kenda Flames? I would like to get rid of them to give a cleaner look. The ones on my tires look similar to glue on tube patches.

Lacquer thinner, a rag, much elbow grease. Rub with much thinner, scratch with fingernail, rub with thinner, scratch with fingernail. Repeat over and over. it will make tiny white specks that will rub off with dry rag. It is not easy but it works.

Be careful when using acetone, lacquer thinner and other solvents...they might attack the rubber..."test in an inconspicuous place first". :)

"MIGHT attack the rubber???? sorry but if you want your tires to last more than a couple months don't let ANY solvents touch them. I use solvent based spraypaint lightly on tires sometimes, but only if i'm feeling reckless and dont mind if they start splitting and cracking before the year's out. I would suggest carefully sanding or abrading logos as long as you don't take any real thickness out of the tire's structure.

They do make paint pens for tires to I have seen them before I will try and find the link for it. I think Eastwood CO may even sell them

Dan Jose said:
Blow-dryer, a friend of mine did this on one of my bikes. Worked fast an clean.

I Just realize i didnt read this post clearly. :oops: Anyway, I would like to know how to also.

i use the cheapest and flattest black you can buy, scuff the logo with a scotch-brite pad, and paint away! dunno how long it lasts, but its convincing!

JOScatRATrod said:
"MIGHT attack the rubber???? sorry but if you want your tires to last more than a couple months don't let ANY solvents touch them. I use solvent based spraypaint lightly on tires sometimes, but only if i'm feeling reckless and dont mind if they start splitting and cracking before the year's out. I would suggest carefully sanding or abrading logos as long as you don't take any real thickness out of the tire's structure.

I bought an old prewar Schwinn that had Goodyear G3's on it what were splattered really bad with old oil based silver paint. I used gasoline to clean them and it didn't hurt them at all. Of course, they MIGHT have used real rubber in 1959 and not all the synthetic stuff used today. Gary

I read about whe I took a look around why not try black Kiwi shoe polish? May work never tried it myself.

Latest posts

Back