removing pedal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
riding my skyway (pictures in buil forum)
the pedal snapped due to me riding hard non stop and weighing a bit more then they were probably intended and due to age as well im guessing.

I cant for the life of me get it off.
its on the wheel chain side (right side)
i need to crank it to the left, i dont have the proper tool for it. i have a metric 15mm wrench i can get on about half way and deliver what should be enough force but it wont budge. any tips or suggestions? i dont really want to buy a special wrench

TurfwarVSE said:
riding my skyway (pictures in buil forum)
the pedal snapped due to me riding hard non stop and weighing a bit more then they were probably intended and due to age as well im guessing.

I cant for the life of me get it off.
its on the wheel chain side (right side)
i need to crank it to the left, i dont have the proper tool for it. i have a metric 15mm wrench i can get on about half way and deliver what should be enough force but it wont budge. any tips or suggestions? i dont really want to buy a special wrench

I got a special wrench for this purpose, Went to the local pawn shop, found a 15MM Wrench to fit and about 10 minutes on the grinder later I had it about perfect.

im gonna see if i can get a pedal wrench at the bike shop down the road from work. if not im breaking out the grinder. i will order one in the future but dont wanna wait currently. thank you everyone.

While you can get away with using a 15mm for most pedals theres nothing like having a pedal wrench at your disposal. Makes putting on pedals quick and fun! Mines really long so I don't have the problem of my knuckles getting cut up on the crank gear.

after seeing road masters (Robert) park tool pedal wrench in person i had to buy one. it feels like a battle axe or something. i figured as many rusty bikes as i get my hands on, it will definitely spare a few curse words.... and has :lol:

40-0559-NCL-TOP.jpg

thats a beautiful tool!
i actually bought a bike off craigslist today for 30 bucks, the lady was selling a bunch of tools too. got a vice and a really thin 15mm wrench that will do for now that works great. eventually ill get one of those bad boys

Back