Removing Water Slide Decals

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat may help but could damage paint. Try a hair dry or heat gun

I usually use a combination of my thumbnail, rag and WD40. The WD40 help lubricate and soften the decals. Still takes for ever. You may be able to use a plastic scrapper too.

Part of a thread discussing it. viewtopic.php?p=265905#p265905

more on page 2 too.

Rub a rag with WD-40 on it fast, and use a lot of elbow grease :wink: It takes a while though :|

I´m just trying to do the opposite.
Paint below the water decals is fine, so I´d like to repaint the bike and leave the decals alone...
Do I just put some tape on them or is there another cool technique?

Gdcast said:
Paint below the water decals is fine, so I´d like to repaint the bike and leave the decals alone...

you can smear vaseline on them kinda like a spray on mask,then wipe it off when its dry. (well... as long as vaseline doesn't mess em up) rubber cement is supposed to work too, but 've never tried it,, :roll:

Ive done lugs with vaseline before, turned out good.

scrumblero said:
Gdcast said:

you can smear vaseline on them kinda like a spray on mask,then wipe it off when its dry. (well... as long as vaseline doesn't mess em up) rubber cement is supposed to work too, but 've never tried it,, :roll:

Yes!!!
Maybe grease will work too?
Thanks scrumblero!!

scrumblero said:
Gdcast said:

I have used regular school glue ( white and blue cleary stuff) with good results. it is cheap, non toxic....and edible too.

Latest posts

Back