repainting?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about maybe updating my current cruiser, try something new. See image below of the current color scheme, traditional rat rod look.
I don't want to paint the wheels, have any good ideas for something cool with the frame color, ties in with the red? I love my bike, but I'm painting out a new fork, so I figured now was the time to change it if I am..... and with my new build almost ready, a fresh look may encourage me to take it out of the garage more often, not forget about it for my new baby ;-)

image hosting websites

For some reason right now my brain keeps leaning towards yellow, orange and grey when it tries to pick a frame color ... I'm no help :mrgreen:

Yellow orange and grey??? What have you been drinking? :p Paint the head tube red with darts coming back traditional style. It's been a winner for 100 yrs. Gary

funny; my new build is a metallic orange, and one of the bikes I keep being inspired by is the yellow Ruff that keeps popping up in the adverts on this page....see below.

What do you think about these color ideas? Not going for the rust look in the rusty, but I do like the powder blue with red scallops.

Rusty

image ru

Shelly

pc screen shot

I think the frame would look good in gray as well. Maybe with some red darts or other accents somewhere.
Here's my gray bike with red rims
SANY0319.jpg

B607 said:
Yellow orange and grey??? What have you been drinking? :p Paint the head tube red with darts coming back traditional style. It's been a winner for 100 yrs. Gary

Been playing with Heavy Duty schwinns, krates and swing bikes too long I guess Gary. It may have taken its toll :mrgreen:

Smoopy's said:
When you say "repaint" do you mean with rattle cans or with actual automotive grade paint?
If the latter, I say a royal blue suede job on it would accent the wheels and tires really well

Def going automotive paint, have a buddy who works at a paint shop, I get a good rate.

I do love the look of the bike now, but it's 3 years old, need to freshen it up; and since I'm going to have to spray my new girder forks anyway, wont be much more to do the entire bike.....

I like the idea of some darts as well... Stays traditional ratrod. A nice off white/bone color would be classic and not clash with the red. Matching pin stripes on the rims would tie it all together.

Back