Repairing bent seat tubes on ladies bikes - cant find thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben you can use a small auto jack, chain or rope at BB and top of seat tube around a 4x4 or any thing stout. Pad or use a chunk of wood to push the bend out. If you mean a dent then the drive something in could work.

I've had several girl's frames that had the bend in the seat tube, it's a design problem, but necessary for a step through frame. Once you have it bent back, it will bend more easily, so a reinforcement in the tube will help. Even a wooden dowel that fits in there snugly will help a lot. A steel pipe will work best, but it can't slide all the way down, it will contact the cranks. What ever is used to brace it will have to fit tight enough so it will stay put.

XC204 said:
Ben you can use a small auto jack, chain or rope at BB and top of seat tube around a 4x4 or any thing stout. Pad or use a chunk of wood to push the bend out. If you mean a dent then the drive something in could work.

I used your idea on Sunday and got it pretty straight, but I want to reinforce it. There are 2 small kinks in the tube also, I was hoping putting an old seat post snug in there and welding it would solve the problem.

Wildcat said:
I've had several girl's frames that had the bend in the seat tube, it's a design problem, but necessary for a step through frame. Once you have it bent back, it will bend more easily, so a reinforcement in the tube will help. Even a wooden dowel that fits in there snugly will help a lot. A steel pipe will work best, but it can't slide all the way down, it will contact the cranks. What ever is used to brace it will have to fit tight enough so it will stay put.

I'll probably drill a few holes like the link above and weld the pipe in place

Back