Representing the 203

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I scored this a few years ago at a yard sale and it sat and sat. I finally got around to making it "mine" and while I'm not done tinkering it is on the road and a lot of fun. I still need to power the headlight, wrap the seat (maybe, I kinda like the metal pan) and a few other small things.

The F+F, stem, crank, chain, rims, hubs and seat were on it when I got it. Bars I had from another swap meet project. License plate came from cereal BITD but I got it at a swap from "Philly Curtis" I believe. Tires were a yard sale find about 5 years ago - $10 for NOS WWs and tubes = score! The headlight is from the flea market, and off a cop car. I reused the mounting bracket after some "adjustment" with a dremel and a hammer. I bought new spokes and nipples (hehe, I typed nipples) and rebuilt the wheels after the same wire-wheel treatment and a few coats of primer and spray-bomb color. Wood grips came from my buddy Eric at a swap- they're supremely comfortable!

I took it down from spray-bombed red, used the trusty wire-wheel to strip the rust I could, and to knock down the rusty chrome for a beat patina look. Soaked the chain for DAYS in all sorts of chemicals enough to get it usable.

Anyway, hope you like it. If you know what it is please let me know.

Really cool ratrod :113: love the springer fork

Hi neighbor,cool bike,I would Id bike as a
Road master Freightliner. I did one of those couple years back,sold at Copake.
Good luck with it. You should come on a
NERRB Ride some time,fit right in...Stevil

I see you're from Wallingford, I just had a custom frame built there and am waiting for a bunch of front and rear end parts for my hotrod..you are about an hr from my house in Somers

Your bike is sick, I have the same front end on my daughters bike. I had my Roll fast powder coated satin black and have similar bars as yours. Where the heck did you get that way cool light? Really cool..and what is it? I've been thinking of doing my rims in red once I do a 3 speed hub swap. Overall super looking ride, keep up the great work.......203 (and 860) Rocks!

Bart

I did pink as an homage to traditional hot rod red, and because I love the color and use it on almost all of my bikes- mtb, road, bmx, etc.

The light is a classic Whelen (CT company) Par 36 sized light from a cop car. I bought two- one red and one blue - at the local flea market. The guy tried to sell me the control unit as well bt I didn't need flashers LOL

I still need to get a 6-volt bulb for it and design a battery holder and wiring, etc.

Your bike is sick, I have the same front end on my daughters bike. I had my Roll fast powder coated satin black and have similar bars as yours. Where the heck did you get that way cool light? Really cool..and what is it? I've been thinking of doing my rims in red once I do a 3 speed hub swap. Overall super looking ride, keep up the great work.......203 (and 860) Rocks!

Bart

Back