RetroWreckTion, It's Alive (Version.0)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RetroWreckTion, Adios Amigos

JakeSensi,

I appreciate the "sympathy votes" joke. As we know, things happen, such is life. This situation is far from anything serious. Just trying to explain my reason for opting out; poor planning.

The builds I see surpass anything my pee brain could conjure up, in creativity, style and spirit of the RRB tradition; many are first time entrants and giving the season vets a run for the money (that's certainly a good thang). I wish we had more votes and catergories to cast ballots for; that shows just how many builds have raised the bar.

I am truly amazed at the devoution, blood.sweat & tears (cue up "Spinning Wheel") that the builders are showing. I chose to wimp out and have no one to blame but me self. Whoever places in this build-off are big time deserving. As everyone has pointed out, the fact that you are building a bike makes you a winner.

As a wise man has said, "Now get back to building".

Cue up, the Stone's "Wild Horses".

Okay, even though I have bowed out of the build-off; I did manage to add a few embellishments.

I addded a rear bumper thing and some under the seat piping.

I am so envious of all of you. Best to all in this amazing build-off.

RetroWrckTionTailPiece2.jpg

RetroWrckTionFrame2.jpg

BigHit,

Appreciate the comments. Your build is really taking off; fast becoming my fav.

Managed to cobble together a deconstructed seat and is actually comfortable to ride.

DeconstructSeat3.jpg

DeconStructSeat2.jpg

DeConstructSeat1.jpg

Welcome back! You are a master at copper work.

RetroWreckTion, Update

WHEW! Don't know if I can finish in time; about 12 hours more fab & touch-up work. Here's some progress on the "tank" & seat areas.

Still need to finish "engine Compartment" and final paint touchup.

RetroWrkTn31.jpg

RetroWrkTn33.jpg

RetroWrkTn34.jpg

AFTER the build off is finished, I'll tell ya all the stuff I didn't finish on my bike. :lol: :lol:

GIT - R - DONE
heck, yours looks amazing. You could submit yours as finished right now and finish in the top.
I love this copper masterpiece!

Kota,

I know what you mean; so many ideas so little time or pesos. There are worse things than having to do more work on our rides; which is exactly your point.

Kingfish,

Thanks for the encouragement & kind words. I going to hit it hard Sunday and pray that I make enough progress to submit. I am so greatful to have some unexpected time to complete this build. Something good from something bad; in this case a 107 degree temps on average has slowed down my outside activities, which means more garage time :D :D :D !

BTW: Digging the Beer Run build; looking forward to see your ride in the completed section.

Hey Twa Dugs,

Now it's my turn to turn the heat up under you. That tank is a work of genius. Glad to see you back. Now stop reading this post and get 'er done. Great work mate, after this we can have a drink at the iBar and discuss the merits of uncovered seats.

And good luck.

Cheers Jonnie

DruggedOnions,

Man it is hot here in Phoenix. How hot? I left the garage for the cooler climes outside temps of 111 degrees. I going to try and make the complete section before the deadline.

BTW: Congrats on a great build.

Wishing all RRB builders success.

Pull an all nighter and she is going in the complete column. Thanks to everyone who cajoled, shamed (well deserved) and encouraged me to find a way to finish the build.

RetroWreckTionRRB1.jpg

BigHit,

Thanks Man for the honor of including this build in your Steampunk feature; I really appreciate it.

Go UGV!

Back