Return of the Living Dead

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
udallcustombikes said:
I was just worried about ya. And I have realized that I kinda over did it on the swap meet and clean up. I am out of the cool parts I need!

/begin smack talk
Its good that your worried! bwahahaha
/end smack talk

A Voodoo priestess AND sacrificing chickens.... Im doomed!

Cody, I did get the wheels unlaced with a pair of wire cutters, that Comet (or is it Komet?) hub sure cleaned up pretty!! wow I was amazed. I did get it laced into the 700c rim so I can use it on the Indian bike.... pics and probably a new thread for that later.

The drop center rims cleaned up nice too. I may go ahead and use them on this bike. I think it will fit the theme better anyways. my only other option was to powdercoat the painted set I got from Cameron.

Voodoo_Priestess_by_michellemoni-1.jpg

Picked up the sister to your bike.... I think this will be my next years build... The true "Living Dead Girl" 8)
001-2.jpg

Whole reason I picked this bike up is for all the neat goodies it had on it still.... and it STILL HAS A HEADBADGE!

Ok I just couldnt bring myself to welding a bunch of trinkets to the frame, so I've decided to build this one the way I want. To me it really begs for a restoration, return it to its former glory kind of thing. I will start a new thread in the regular build section.

I will be saving the original fork, even though I had to hack it up to get the stem out.

I will be sending some parts off to be rechromed, gonna blast the frame and refinish it in original colors. I still need to see some photos of an original 41 so I can copy the paint scheme.

Ive got a 'new' old chain on the way, and will be building up a set of wheels with a nice original front hub, and the newly rechromed back hub.

Still need to find...
Handlebars and grips
maybe a set of fenders (not sure If Im gonna save the originals or not)
pedals
Tires
Headbadge rivets
and Im sure a bunch of small stuff

If you look close at this ad.... It may have been painted blue on white two tone.....

Wester_Flyer_ad.jpg

Thanks for the pic.

And yeah mine appears to be blue on the front part of the bike, and I can still faintly make out the scallops, I believe the rest of it was white.

I will take a detailed side shot of the frame, then measure for the original scallops and record it so I can duplicate the paint scheme.

I also need to figure out if the kickstand was originally chrome, or zinc plated.... Im thinking it was zinc since I cant find any trace of chrome left on it.

The bike also had a speedometer ring mounted to the front wheel, and a bracket mounted on the handlebars to hold the speedo head?
The speedo head would have to be pretty small to fit in the bracket. any ideas on that?

Back