ride a ray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hi everybody heres my question i want to build a stingray type bike 20 inch banana seat ape hangers etc but im 5 ft 9 would i be able to ride it after im done or am i too big can i get a large seat post or not? :?:

I am 5'10" 250 and heres my BFK taken a few years ago, just have to put the seat post up and ape hangers make it all good.
Stingray002.jpg

yup, im 6 ft, raise the seat up and put the bars where you like them, they are fun little bikes but dont expect to do anything more than 10 miles without complaining about it. but they are great little neighborhood cruisers. Mainly use mine for trips to the post office or to make a soda run.

Or you can get you a 24" or 26" Schwinn Typhoon which looks just like a big Stingray. Put a banana set on it and some ape hangers and your good to go.

thanks everyone i guess you answered my question now i will start my winter project of a 20 inch rat rod ! o by the way my seat post seems to be 21.1mm where can i get a long seat post? anyone got any ideas?

Latest posts

Back