Riding a unicycle.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kind of a bike, more like a front fork with a seat, but i just bought a unicycle at goodwill and was looking for advice for riding from someone that knows how. Any advice would be appreciated.

I learned in a narrow hallway where I could hold onto both walls and pedal. once you get comfortable, you can find one wall, to start on, and then see how far you can go. The hardest part of unicycling for me was the initial getting on and starting, so if you start holding onto something, it is much easier. eventually you can push off of the wall and see how far you can go on your own, gradually increasing the distance over time. It will take you a month or so of practice. The initial concern is definitly falling back on your head, but this will pretty much never happen because you can just jump off whenever you start to lose your balance. over time you can learn how to ride backwards, jump and stuff like that. It's super fun.

Back