Riding in Arizona

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do we all start with the love of bikes and working on them? Mine, was when I was younger and always having to fix the bike I assembled from my older siblings hand me downs. My parents always complained of the parts cluttering their garage and now my wife does the same with the completes I have collected.

red2.jpg

Now I ride with my kids, and I do it in style on my second rebuild.

My first build was when I found myself bored and looking at the old bike left in my yard from a yard sale, left out free. I didn't even bring it home my brother in law did and left it here for more than a year, so after that long in my yard it now belonged to me. I like the style of the banana seat but its killer on your ars.
red1.jpg

The latest I have been working on is a schwinn twinn tandem that I found on craigslist. Ive gotten it working but not comeplete. I am in need of a good tandem crank. Ive gone tried a dual 10 speed sprocket and 2 seperate sprockets and assembling those together with washers and bolted together. Crude yes, but temporary in the evolution of it. I am running into the issue of the chains catching on each other. Still needs brakes, fenders, light, and whatever else I can oput on it.
tan2.jpg

I am looking for Scwinn Tandem Crank, if you know of one or a good substitute. Let me Know.

My tandem crank issues have evolved, but its now fully ridable. We went on a few mile ride today and the chain only popped twice. We have to keep it in the right gear or the derailer sets the chains to close and catches. Still not perfect but fun.

Back