(Rigid Rodent) name change ... Tireless Trainer ... finished!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i got this : it was super clean.
It then sat in the kitchen and I used it in the winter time. Then it started to become a clothes rack.
Then was stripped of the speedometer, and fixed gear 20" wheel.
It had a pair of Schwinn Deluxe pedals on it. And that is why I bought it. Have had this about 25 years. Paid $30 for it then.
It been sitting uner a coverd porch about 16 years now.

Last edited:
20220603_122757.jpg

STAY TOONED ..

A stationary rat.šŸ˜ Love itā£ļø
Ridable and pedal powered āœ…
There is nothing that tells the amount of wheels involved and streetworthyness... If this isn't thinking outside of the box and pure ratrodding then I don't know what is. I just love it when rules get stretched! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Last edited:
Is there a serial number on the bottom bracket?

I've got a rat that's too heavy to get up out of the bunker without straining my back, so it's stationary. Maybe it'll catch on and everyone will have to have a rat stationary bike.
May18 22 exercize.jpg

It's a shame I let this bike get into this condition. The Goodyear yellow blue were so cool.
I remember the morning that the junk dealer pulled in my driveway with this in the back of his truck. He had got it at an auction. It was out of an old abandoned Goodyear shop somewhere North Ohio.
After using fir few years in winter...

I stripoed the parts, left the frame on a carport ..to keep the crank & sprocket.

And look at me now :
Building a ratrod o exercise bike :21:

When. I was looking over my frame options :
Was feeling, the been there, and done that.
And the past few years : have built bikes & unable to ride more than 100yrd. If not 10'.

So, therefore :
Dificult to get motivated.

Hence: we have a stationary bike.
Thankful it was still around.
Snap a few more pics.
20220604_111100.jpg
20220604_111109.jpg
20220604_111123.jpg

What holds the front stationary ? I would think that having the driven wheel up there it would be very important for the chain alignment for it to be solid.

It was a huffman built frame. The serial number could potentially be on the bottom bracket, dropout or seat post collar (looks to have been replaced with a schwinn collar)

It was a huffman built frame. The serial number could potentially be on the bottom bracket, dropout or seat post collar (looks to have been replaced with a schwinn collar)
I always thought that it was a Huffman or a cwc frame. The collar is part of frame.
It had Schwinn Deluxe pedals on it. I figure someone just put them on. But the wheel has Schwinn stamped in it. And it has AS Bolt. It also had a Schwinn gooseneck. Not finding any numbers at all so far. Of course I'm blind. :)
Hopefully when snding i will stumble on nimbers.
Regardlesss:
Its an interesting frame.

Hey fellas, just wanted to give you an update on KJV. No recent updates due to doctorā€™s orders to limit his screen time. His limited eyesight already, is in jeopardy of getting even worse and potentially resulting in full blindness. Heā€™s on some serious prescription eye meds paired with him ā€œrestingā€ his eyes by limiting screens. Everything is going well but he needs to keep up this regiment until late Sept to see if itā€™s working.

All of this and you add in the crippling heat/humidity we are having in Ohio recently is taking its toll on everyoneā€™s outside time. KVJ is a driveway builder 100% so this has slowed him down considerable.

Iā€™m going to team up with him to get some build updates out as they progress. Make sure to shoot him some good vibes when you get time!

Latest posts

Back