rim/tire question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive got a set of 26inch by 1 3/8s rims. can they accomodate a standard mountain bike tire? and if so what size tube should i use?

Easy E

elvis51 said:
so ive got a set of 26inch by 1 3/8s rims. can they accomodate a standard mountain bike tire? and if so what size tube should i use?

Easy E

nope, you need to stick with the 1 3/8 tires

EDIT ----> whoops !!!! read it too fast, i thought you meant thats the tire size that came on them, but your talking about the actual measurements of the rim right ?

the tires say 26x1 3/8. they came off a columbia girls 10speed. i just tried to put the mtb tire on and it turned out kinda like the first time i tried to put a new tire on an s-7 rim. didnt workout so well for me. now i dont know what to do with those rims(the 26x1 3/8)...... any suggestions???

Easy E

kinda what i figured. that kinda sucks big time. oh well. onto the next project!!!

Easy E

well i kinda did make it into a fixie, i think....i basically just took off the sprocket up front and switched it to a single piece bmx crank. and then just mended a chain and looped it around the third gear. i just dont have any brakes on it. heh who needs brakes right?! anyways. it was a AMF Pro Tour 26inch 10 speed. its really fun to ride and pretty fast actually.

Easy E

Latest posts

Back