road bike restoration??????pics add

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have my italian road bike (1987)all campy components, i love this bike but it have scratches here there,some rust on chrome,i don't know if is better keep it like it is or complete restore it,rechrome,repaint,new decals,polish components,the question is it worth more original or restored??? thanks for the help i trust the ratrod bikes experts :D :D

Re: road bike restoration??????

I would say post up pictures. Do research about the Brand/Model plus the components. Generally collector bikes are worth more money original.

the bike is pinarello w/campy super record i will post pics wen i got home,thanks for reply to this post :D

do some searching in the "how to" section about rust removal from chrome.
there are a lot of good ideas there to get your chrome polished back up like new.'

Paint will usually clean up with soap and water, and then wax.
I like Turtle Wax ICE because it does not dry white and become very hard to buff out of the many nooks and crannys on a bike frame.

IMHO if the paint is not totally thrashed, the bike will look best with original paint/decals once the chrome is shiny like new.

here you go my craigslst find,let me know what you think,thx

2wf1fmt.jpg

2eptw9c.jpg

35l8evt.jpg

I would take it apart and clean it up. The rust should come off the chrome. Start with gentle methods of rust removal first. You would not be able to rechrome those lugs.

nice fine pice !
originality is always value and respect specially that one !

Back